Verina Tomb - Reset timer w/ Patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Johnwick, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Johnwick Augur

Okay Daybreak Please explain or fix this issue-

I had this spawn time down to 10 seconds until your patch hit.

I was sitting @ the spawn location before your patch was going into effect.
    ( Verina went into window @ 6am PST )
    Would of been out of window @ 2pm PST , but with your patch I now have to sit @ this location for another 8 hours continuously just to compete for spawn timer again and race for the kill.

8 hour of continuous camping from 1:33pm PST yesterday ( how is someone with a regular schedule suppose to kill this NPC ) when you are going to change the reset the timer on her anytime you patch the server.
    She should of been respawned at server up or kept the original timer from the window of her death.

Can you please explain to me why this happened and how it will be resolved?
    I just completely wasted a full day sitting for this NPC to spawn and was poopsocked by non other than Daybreak Games themselves by their own ignorance.
  2. AgentofChange Augur

Welcome to EverQuest.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

4. RandomStrategy Augur

You just made my weekend a hell of a lot more entertaining.
    lobos likes this.
  5. gotwar Gotcharms

Verina, along with the other long respawn Enchanter epic spawns, all get their timers messed with (reset? it may be a reset) on server downs. This includes crashes. It sucks but it is what it is.

I tried doing my Enchanter epic on Test a couple years back when the server was undergoing extreme instability. It took me 6 weeks (on a server where no one else was going for it) to catch Verina and that dude in the Cabilis sewers because their timers kept getting reset.

Good luck, welcome to Everquest!
  6. Febb Augur

lol. I demand you change the game to suit my needs!
  7. Koniku Elder

Spawns get reset after a server reset, how is this news to anyone?

Verina and lizard bro both have a timer from server up to their window btw good luck
  8. Johnwick Augur

Koniku -
    I understand they do for most npcs, but why reset the timer when the window for this spawn was 3 hours after the patch hit. So now I have to GUESS ( after I did time consuming research for this NPC ) to get the time correct and now compete or dps race others.
    Verina Tomb and Vessel Drozlin are the 2 worst bottleneck mobs in game atm, not only are they 3-7 day respawn but they also have a variance.
    even @ 3 day spawn timer that is 81 days or 28 enchanter epics to be completed in era if they are killed immediately.
    Now we have to guess when DBG will patch the server ( with no notice ) so that we can time this NPC's Spawn or guess or just wait for server up and wait 12+hours consecutively then dps race anyone contesting. ( THATS FUBARED )

Febb-

No don't change the game to suit my needs, just make it so that the timer stays accurate during a server patch // or will be respawned @ the time of server restart.

Not, She is now in window for another 14 hours because we decided to patch today. How is the hell is anyone suppose to plan on killing her then the day of a patch lands ? Do we get notified 3 + days in advance so that I can take off work just to sit in a location for 8+ hours for her to ( possibly spawn ).
  9. Febb Augur

Verina I believe is on the same spawn timer as most epic NPC's are on. A 24 to 72 hour random spawn timer. They don't spawn on server/zone up.
  10. Koniku Elder

hmm yes I had no idea the enc epic was so bad

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-758

please go vote on this thing I posted over a year ago and hope they fix it before the next tlp

edit:bonus info- the server up cooldown isnt as long as the regular one shes in window now unless someone already killed her
  11. Johnwick Augur

Febb - Correct.

72hr +/- 4 hours is what my information says for Verina-

That's not the issue, I had no problem camping her for 5+ days straight to get the timer for her.

It is when I finally have a accurate timer, ( which her window was RIGHT as the servers go down ) so now her timer is nowhere near what it should be. making it IMPOSSIBLE for the person who had the timer to get the kill, but instead is now a 100% free mob to anyone who was @ verina for server up for the 10+ hour window she now has.
  12. Johnwick Augur

Koniku - I killed her and have a accurate timer, but the window from server up is completely different than window from her death.

the window is 12+ hours from server up.
    her window from death is 4hrs + / - from the time of death.

Also - Already voted when that post was like 3 days old.