Venomous Coalition

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Darkblue, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Darkblue New Member

Greetings.

On occasion I will run (2) Beast lords in a group...
    So is it worth it to use Venomous Conjunction?
    If so, do I cast it first? and then DoTs?
    Do I cast it on both BLs or just one at a time?

Thank you for any information given.
  2. Szilent Augur

Cast one at a time, the other bst's dot spells will make it go boom, then you cast the other
  3. Bumkus Elder

you will want to set a Trigger to know when the first one goes off, so you don't overwrite it with the 2nd Venomous conjunction. it can take up to 6 seconds to fire.
  4. Alnitak Augur

I use it quite often, especially when I wish to situationally increase group dps.
    Here are the numbers to consider:
    Cojunction spells have 60 seconds recast, so two beastlords can alternate every 30 seconds.
    Say, the first beastlord casts it at nominal 19492 mana and 0.5 sec casting time cost.
    To trigget its Resolution at 3.6 million damage, the second beastlord needs to land 4 hits from detrimental spells with duration and mana cost within 18 seconds.
    A cast of Endemic at 15756 mana and Forgebound Blood at 19800 mana will suffice. (those will produce 5 hits in 2 ticks combined)
    4 of those hits will have additional damage at 61189 each.
    Once it triggers, the beastlords can switch roles.
    You can compress the timeline by casting Forgebound blood 2 times in a row instead of Endemic. Each Blood cast counts as 2 hits and can be cast under 3 seconds in between, so Resolution can be triggered in less than a tick.
    Overall, at extra expense of 19492 mana and 0.5 sec casting time (during which your beastlord does not melee) you can land just over 4 million damage extra. Times 2 for the duo.

In a long run it is not a decisive factor, but may help you resolve a crisis if it happens.
  5. Romance Augur

It's going to be a bit mana intensive but in a group content the damage output will be good.

Cast order isn't that critical, you can cast it before dots are on or after. You just need to get 4 instances of damage from your poison, cold or disease line off on the second beastlord in order for it to trigger. The DD portion of poison and cold also count towards the total 4 needed.

So if you cast poison then cold you'll get 1 each, 2 total, for the dd portion and another when the dot damage hits on the server tick you'll get another 1 each, now 4 total. Disease also works but doesn't have a DD component so it will only count towards the total every server tick.

A higher rank of conjunction will overwrite a lower rank and the same rank will block the second cast if it hasn't fulfilled or faded so you'll want to cast them individually. Likely on different mobs in group content.