Fixed Velocity Number Broken? (Run Speed Seems Fine)

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Chikkin, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Chikkin Augur

Hey. Don't skewer me, but although I've been doing the EQ thing since 99, I've never reported a bug. So, if I leave something out, just tell me and I'll get it posted here as quickly as possible, or if any additional requests/tests are warranted.

I posted yesterday in a Newbie Zone thread I made:

I was expecting someone to say that it now works different or displays differently or whatever, I assumed it was all me. (and it might still be of course). Only 1 person asked about it, like run/walk. So I replied saying this:

So it's been about 18 hours or so. Logged in today, about 3pm my time. Just to see if any other replies. There wasn't, so decided I would ask here. Didn't want to make a thread in Veteran's Lounge for more exposure, only to be told "go bug it" or something and end up making another thread after that. So!

Today I logged in, I took some phone pictures, in them you will see:

1) 66 Druid standing still in Dragonscale Hills Zone, Farm area. (Not that location has mattered, it does same in PoK and Paw)
    2) While standing still the velocity still says 45. In my pictures, I include a whole screen picture, so that buffs can be seen. So anyway, ya I'm velocity 45 and not moving.
    3) I remove Sow, but just in case, I remove all buffs and aura, speed still says velocity 45. So I take a picture of that.

Additional Info:

I am on the Test Server, so if something is broken, it might be really new.

I am currently 3 boxing, my Bard and Enchanter are also "frozen at 45 velocity" whether Sow or not. Selos or not. I could video myself running and show you the number doesn't change at all, but that's a lot more effort and plus I don't want to get all crazy trying to upload videos to a forum or imgur or whatever. (However, I can, if desired).

Now, with this, even though it seems broken. I haven't noticed it until the last couple days. Why? I never look at my velocity. I'm still not use to the stat even being there, since my hardcore days were from 20 years ago.More importantly, the reason I didn't notice is because the speeds all SEEM to be working just fine. Just a visual display bug, like the exp message bug. (Which by the way, I like that, thanks for adding that. Saw some complaining about waste of dev time).

But I was curious what my 3 characters run speeds were with AA, with Sow, with Selos, and was going to mess with the Drum, and do all those little run tests in PoK just for personal knowledge of my group, and that's when I was like "huh" ... maybe it's a PoK thing. -- Nope. Ok, well maybe they changed the way it works now from when they first added it.

I'm assuming nobody will see this until Monday, but if anything else is needed from me, just let me know. It's a fresh install of Everquest. I do not have any custom UI's or anything. In fact the only thing I have that doesn't come with the game is the map packs from Good and Brewall. No other additions, no 3rd party programs, allowed or otherwise.

I will post pictures in the next post. Thanks for your time.
    Bobbybick likes this.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Interestingly, I don't even have a Velocity stat number when I patch over to Test now.

[IMG]

It does still work while I'm patched on Live currently.
    Chikkin likes this.
  3. Chikkin Augur

1 - Character Sheet
    [IMG]

2 - Standing still, DSH
    [IMG]

3 - Current Buffs (Pack Sow from 66 Druid)
    [IMG]

4 - Broken Velo Display, but other numbers display correctly.
    [IMG]

5 - Removed all Buffs.
    [IMG]

6 - Velo still broke/froze, although not moving, and removed all Buffs. Other Stats change correctly.
    [IMG]
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Velocity only applies while moving, not while standing still.
  5. Chikkin Augur

But shouldn't the velocity be 0 when not moving?

Also, I'm not sure if you skimmed over too quickly, but I offered to make a video of me running, the number doesn't change from 45 at all.
  6. Kendeth Augur

There is a bug with various text labels on test that was fixed prior to the live patch, so this may just be more stuff related to that. It probably won't get fixed on test until they do a true up patch.

As you can see in your last picture your accuracy and avoidance stats next to Attack and Armor Class are showing as 0 as well.

Label issues were brought up in the bugs post for the test patch: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/test-update-09-13-2022-new-bugs-only.285440/
    Chikkin and Meeko like this.
  7. Chikkin Augur

Ok, Thank you. I did skim over the thread titles, and do a bit of searching, but didn't realize there was a larger issue at hand here. I only knew about the exp message visual bug.

Thank you!
  8. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Just for the record your velocity should be 0 if your not moving.

[IMG]
    Chikkin likes this.
  9. Meeko Developer(Code)

Yea, this issue will be fixed on Test with the true-up patch. Sorry for the confusion.
    Chikkin likes this.
  10. Chikkin Augur

No no, wasn't even a big deal to begin with. Thought this was my big chance to actually contribute from Test server. Regardless, thanks to you and the rest of the dev crew for being on-point.
  11. Duder Augur

Use the windows snipping tool rather than a physical camera, likely your cell phone to take screen captures. (Windows key + shift + s), then paste it into paint and save it or upload it directly to discord (to host). Additionally, if your snipping tool is turned off, you can turn it on in windows. If you can't figure that out, you can push your "print screen button" to capture everything displayed on your monitor and it will copy it to clipboard, ready to be pasted into paint or uploaded directly into discord or pasted any where you choose. Why? Because some of those images are incredibly difficult to read and require opening separately and zooming in to try and discern anything due to them being pictures of a monitor screen.
    Chikkin likes this.
  12. Gialana Augur

Or you could use the in-game screenshot button. I believe that's the "-" (minus) key on the 10-key portion of the keyboard. It will save the entire Everquest window to the screenshots sub-directory in your install folder.
    Duder, Chikkin and Loup Garou like this.
  13. Loup Garou De loop de loop

This is by far the best/easiest way. Not sure what "snip" means since I never see a picture when someone "snips"

Then just use IMGUR to copy that screen shot into these forums.
    Chikkin likes this.
  14. Stymie Pendragon

They may be referring to the Windows snipping tool. It allows copying of individual areas of the screen instead of capturing everything. It's handy when trying to convey information with more clarity. On the task bar click the magnifying glass and type snip to see it. I use it often at work for emails.
    Duder and Chikkin like this.
  15. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Ah ok thank you. Apparently its not copying and pasting cause whenever anyone does that all I see is:

2 - Standing still, DSH
    (snip)

There is nothing to click on to see the pic and no pic. I do not have a magnifying glass that does anything for "snip" Mine just brings up a search. but hey, not going to worry about it:D It seems really cumbersome compared to IMGUR where you can edit and it pastes nice clear pics
    Stymie likes this.
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

...snip... or (snip), or just ..., means "I removed this from your quote for brevity".

It's important to note what you removed, so people don't think you're taking it out of context, and see there was more to the original post.
  17. Gialana Augur

It is confusing since snipping could refer to more than one thing. In this case, the snipping tool is a program that is installed by default in at least Windows 8 and higher. In these later versions of window, you can click the start menu and just start typing "snipping." You should then see the snipping tool app. In the app, there are options to capture the entire screen, all of one window, or a selected portion of the screen.

If I want a screenshot of just one window in the EQ client, I typically use the in-game screenshot to get the entire EQ window. Then I open the image in an editor and crop out everything I don't want. With the snipping tool, I could instead open the app, select the rectangular snip mode, and draw a rectangle around the portion of the EQ window I want. That would probably be a little quicker.
    Duder, Chikkin and MasterMagnus like this.
  18. Stymie Pendragon

It's also good forum etiquette. It can be annoying to have someone reply to a lengthy post, just to say a couple of words, while leaving the entire post they're replying to included. Cropping on this board with a phone is a pain, but I still make the effort to do it.
    Nennius, Duder, Chikkin and 1 other person like this.
  19. Loup Garou De loop de loop

This makes much more sense than looking everywhere for a pic. That is why I prefer imgur - I can easily edit and shrink the pic.

As far as others leaving the entire post they're replying to included because it becomes too lengthy or large - well.......just look at some of the sigs. Even by those who know better. I mean sometimes you see 2 words in a post but the sig takes up an entire screen! They need to "snip" the sigs:D
    Chikkin and Stymie like this.
  20. Duder Augur

Im sorry, yeah I see your confusion. When I quote someone and their message is long or it includes pictures, I edit it and put in (snip) meaning I snipped out text or the picture in their quote to cut down on the reply message consuming a ton of space in my reply/post. Other posters do that as well. But it is not related to the "snipping tool" in windows or "snipping a picture". I can absolutely see the confusion, very good eyes to bring it up, that is something I bet confuses other people as well.
    Stymie likes this.