Velious to do

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nodontcarekkthxbye, Aug 28, 2018.

1. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

What quests etc do people start as soon as Velious comes out? Dont want to miss out, and I have limited knowledge of the expansion. Any preperations to be made ahead of time?
  2. jimmynetstep New Member

Prayer Shawl?
  3. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Is that like the coldain ring quest, but for casters?
  4. Yawgmoth. Journeyman

quests are for losers

there is no quest in velious worth doing. i guess if ur unemployed and nothing outside of elfquest u can do shawl/ring quest, but who has time for that bs ?

just raid tov, aggressively split vulak and thats it
    monkypowah likes this.
  5. Hane New Member

Outside of raiding:

Coldain Ring.
    Prayer Shawl.
    Bladesoul quest if you're a try hard. (Sleeper's Tomb)
    Grind faction for whichever armor set you're after.
    Bracer of Benevolence.
  6. monkypowah Elder

velious is absolutely horrid for a myriad of reasons lol clearly your new to TLP’s ;)
  7. Alikat Lorekeeper

I'm hearing people get super toxic over the ring and shawl quests. And the shawl isn't even worth it since the final versions not in game til Luclin, when there's better options.

Just raid like crazy, collect gems, get faction.
  8. RandomStrategy Augur

The shawl was quite useful on my shaman box all even through PoP until he got the Eterninostrum earring from Coirnav.
  9. Baldur Augur

A little more info might help, what class are you? Do you plan on raiding?
  10. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Raiding Ranger. Yeah, Im not into tedious quests. Coldain ring is out.
  11. Hane New Member

Eyepatch of Plunder as well.

Pretty tedious though.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

Farm Siren's Grotto for krono.
  13. Raltar Augur

I remember there being a ranger only helm quest. I don't exactly remember the stats on it, but I remember the quest being incredibly easy to do and I remember it being pretty good. Like, kill a giant and turn in his head or something like that.

Of course this was back when SoV was brand new and I was wearing ivy etched armor, so most things were an upgrade back then.
  14. Boze TLP complaint factory

Most of the Velious quests are tedious. Hell, most quests worth doing in any era are tedious. That being said...

-Coldain ring DS won't stack with Guard of Earth line so not really essential for a Ranger.
    -Prayer shawl is amazing and the 8th one (opens in Luclin?) is worth using until PoTime
    -Helm of the Tracker is decent if you follow Tunare, easy for a raider, though better raid drops will be easily available.
    -Eyepatch of Plunder, clicky haste.
  15. Xhartor Augur

Strength of the Elements

Also research the HoT tears quest items off Doze and the Drake mini's, those items are par with Vulak loot.
  16. Ravanta Suffer Augur

The pure gem of Velious is not a quest item...it's a willsapper. Since Vaniki can't spawn in a DZ, and is not a guaranteed or autopop spawn, finding him up can be pretty rough.

But for many classes it's much more valuable than the stupid shawl. That's my $.02

It might not be as cool nowadays since it is so much more common for people to box multiple characters, but if you're a 1 character kinda person...it's pure gold.

Pom flowers are pretty handy if you don't mind the boredom that comes from farming puppets, alice, and whatshisnamethatdropswhitethroneslikemad for what can seem like forever.
  17. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Hunter of Velious
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

Definitely some truth here.

Having just done it on Agnarr, the shawl quest is both long and easily replaceable. In fact, if youre in a raid guild you probably won't even wear it if you're a "main" and not a box. It's also a drama-ridden quest that is a FFA in the eyes of Daybreak. That means, people will camp the turn in just to steal your work.

Also, the ring is okay, but the clicky DS has stacking issues, so it's forgettable and easier to get the raid items for the DS.

The one quest that is worth it is the gem one where you collect items from Phinny etc. Basically the quest is done before Velious and you can wrap it up easily in week 1. It's got great stats considering you start the expansion with it.

If you're in a raiding guild, there are so many raids to keep you busy that you won't even have time for mediocre quests. You'lll probably be better off farming armor pieces or Dozekar quest items in ETOV.
  19. malaki Augur

Better off just getting 8th ring for click, since 10th ring doesn't stack with Ranger AC buff or SK cloak buff!
  20. malaki Augur

Don't be Shellfish! Slayer cheevo also very important.