Velious for Lockjaw?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by James, Dec 1, 2015.

1. James Augur

Have they stated when this releases on Lockjaw?
  2. squidgod Augur

No. Should be late May.
    Simone and Agrippa like this.
  3. Zublak Augur

Wouldn't mind seeing a vote for a 3 month unlock though. Essentially for a February unlock.

Though I don't think we'll see much of anything or any news for LJ and/or RF until after Phinny launches. Right now they want the focus on the new server. I would guess you'll see a public made comment from Roshen on the status of LJ/RF about a month into Phinny. They don't want to lose any hype they have right now.

I know in the past they haven't been keen on merging servers, but I could see them considering a merge of LJ and RF and possibly allowing a vote every 3 months to let the current players on LJ/RF decide whether they want to unlock early or wait the 6. I think that'd be ideal honestly.
    DaedorAlive likes this.
  4. Weverley Augur

I can see a livestream coming.Probably gonna have a resume of the situation for all 3 servers on it.
  5. Poydras Augur

That'll help clear out any lingering casual players.

Then they can rename the server "Boxjaw", after the only remaining motivation for anyone to play there versus Phinny.
    Agrippa likes this.
  6. James Augur

Not being rude but people like you are what screwed Lockjaw up in the first place. (not trying to be rude) but they told us on RF to go to Lockjaw for slow progression so alot of us gave up everything we had there because we wanted slow progression, then people like you changed all that which made DBG lie to our faces. Why can you guys leave stuff alone and let the server play normally. if someone doesnt like slow progression they can leave and go elsewhere imho

I mean seriously ARGH *shakes fist*
    Sorry if that came out bad, but it's just how I personally feel as well as a pretty large group of folks I play with.
    Simone and MBear like this.
  7. Jarith Lorekeeper

We received an early Kunark release because enough voted for it. The few posts I read against it tended to be along the lines of:

"I haven't logged in for awhile and saw that Kunark was released early..."

DBG sees that less and less people are logging in every day and some are wanting Kunark. They ask for a vote and the majority of people still logging in regularly want Kunark. The people who were not logging in regularly were not enjoying classic anyway. Those are the people that failed to represent their desires.

For the ones that were active and enjoying classic then it sucks, but you were in the minority. Just like I appear to be in the minority of wanting 3 month unlocks, raid instancing, but have no interest in 3 more months of classic or restarting my character from scratch yet again. Or maybe I'm not. It would be nice to have a vote and see though I doubt there would be one until the new year if ever.
  8. Pinto_Bean Augur

Honestly there is almost no way they would have released Phinny when they are releasing it if LJ was on the regular schedule.
    It would have been Phinny release than LJ into Kunark 4 days later?
  9. James Augur

they point blank told us BEFORE we got to move over that we would be on a slow progresion, slower the RF. Why did they lie about it then, why didn;t they come out an admit they were allowing votes to speed it up? They didn't so many of us were fooled into coming to Lockjaw based on a lie.

thats the point I am making here
    MBear and Jaxarale01 like this.
  10. Zublak Augur

I came to LJ first and foremost because my guild transferred here. The second reason I wanted to be here was because I didn't want 3 month expansions past Kunark. This means Velious-GoD I wanted 6 month timers. Classic and Kunark in my opinion in the games current state is best at 3 months. The exp rate is way fast and there's just not a ton of content. Kunark offers more of course and it's nice to have. But once Velious comes into play it opens up A LOT of content for all players. So be upset with me if you will, but we all have our personal opinions. Another thing is the griefing on RF was much much worse than LJ. With a lot of the players responsible for that moving to Phinny I'm sure you'll see a lot of it repeat itself there.

You need to keep in mind they said they would revisit each server and see what the players wanted. They did what they said they were going to do and gave us a vote. The majority voted for an early unlock. I'm sorry you were upset by this, but it was never promised that the 6 months was set in stone. They also gave RF a vote to move into Velious quicker, but the vote was kinda skewed and failed. So with both servers nothing was ever promised, they only said they "hoped" the players would want quick there and slower here.

With that being said. My question to you is this... Can you tell me what's so bad about Velious? Obviously you're concerned about rushing expansions. I for one will vote 6 months on every vote after Velious comes out up to GoD. While in Velious era there are still a few Classic items that are BiS for some classes. Classic era content is still somewhat relevant as well. For casual minded players that enjoy raiding and don't have a lot of time to do so, you have a lot more choices with content. You can continue raiding Classic, you can hit up Kunark and get a VP key and experience that as well. You can go to Kael and kill giants for tier 1 Velious class armor. You can go to PoGrowth and get tier 1 armor drops there as well. You have nicer gear that drops in groupable content as well. Velks has some really nice items.
  11. Hasty Blades Journeyman

The obvious answer is leave RF as it is. Put instancing with votes on 6 month timers on Lockjaw and open Phinny with 3 month timers and instancing. Allow transfers between Lock and Rage. This gives the broadest options to paying customers.
  12. Zublak Augur

Regardless, you won't see any changes or anything from the devs on the future of RF or LJ until after Phinny is open and going. I'd say at least 2-4 weeks after it launches.