Veil of Alaris collectors edition

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Raptorjesus5, May 26, 2020.

1. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Does anyone know if you can claim these items on a server that hasn't yet reached VoA?
  2. KermittheFroglok Augur

While we're discussing the Veil of Alaris Collector's Edition. How many of each item do you receive? Do you receive 999 claimable, like with the House of Thule Collector's edition or do you only receive 1 of each on the character you're logged in with at the time of purchase?

Thanks!
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

4. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Looks like the bundle currently available also includes a sword ornament not in the original pack. I wonder if those are 999 copies too.

I guess nobody has wanted to spend 80 dollars to find out lol.
    Andarriel likes this.
  5. KermittheFroglok Augur

I bought one last night since the Memorial Day sale was applicable to it and I had some DBC leftover after buying a lot of DBC for a lot of heritage crates, later I'll let you know about the sword ornament.

The pack isn't too bad if you buy it on sale and if you buy your DBC in bulk. e.g. $85 = 10,000 DBC, there was a 20% members sale up until yesterday evening.

8,000 DBC * 80% = 6,400 DBC.

6,400 DBC / 10,000 DBC * $85 = $54.40

In my opinion $54.40 is pretty good compared to what ~$54 gets you from direct Marketplace purchases, the heritage crates, or Legends of Norrath packs. It's not nearly as good of a deal as the HoT bundle, but I understand that the bags in the VoA bundle are likely what made it more expensive, but I wouldn't recommend paying the $80 without any discount.

But it also comes down to how much you want to support the game. I buy stuff to support the game, but with no discounts the $80 is very steep when you can get the collector's edition of the current expansion for $90, the latter of which includes the level 85 Heroic boost...
    Andarriel and Raptorjesus5 like this.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I want the hive house which expansion was that?

Andarriel
  7. Thunderkiks Augur

CoTF
    Andarriel likes this.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea my house is next to a hive I use some big tree myself.

Andarriel
    Thunderkiks likes this.