Vaporous Veil and Enrichment

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Orienn, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Orienn TreeHugger

Was seeing if it's possible to maybe make Vaporous Veil a group buff and or make that and Enrichment mgbable. Would love you long time ;)
    Strumph, Thunderkiks and Jhenna_BB like this.
  2. Dropfast Augur

Enrichment is an absolute must! Veil as group buff would be nice too. It would make everyone's lives a lot better.
    Strumph and Thunderkiks like this.
  3. Lilranja New Member

Veil would never be a group buff. Can't wait to see the group with the tank that doesn't have it blocked.
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

This thread is as good as any to plant quality of life seeds as the asks are fair and thread is calm: Sometime down the line if we receive an upgrade to Copsestalker's Enrichment it would be pretty nice to see it added to our Shout of the Wildstalker spell - maybe added by an AA.

Another quality of life type item I know Tadenea (Ranger CRT) has brought to the Devs is how broken the Root portion of our Bluster and Fluster Bolt spells have been since the change to make the arrow proc spells not work off these spells (as they are physical attacks that happen to be arrows). Whatever the Devs did back then has made the Root wildly inconsistent for far too long now. Now that these arrows procs can't possibly break root, can we revert some of those old changes to fix the Root? I don't see people abusing the spell for arrows procs. Flinging mobs about and membluring them for a lousy roll at an arrow proc would be unpopular.

Honestly, Rangers are in a pretty good place right now. I don't think many would argue against our current placement on the dps charts. It's fair and appropriate from the perspective of Rangers playing the class and other dps classes alike. So, quality of life changes are about all we have a need to ask for. The last few patches have contained some popular quality of life changes to the game. You can't blame us all for trying to bring attention to other QoL items we'd like to see. :)
  5. OrchardField Journeyman

I brought up in the bugs thread about the root issues with Blusterbolt. I'm getting the root part resisted far too often since patch. Others have said they only get root broken 1/10 the mobs on root and shoot. I'm breaking root far more often, I'd guess 1/3 of mobs that don't die quickly due to double headshots. I can deal with that, if the Blusterblt root portion didn't resist so often now. The message is that Blusterbolt resisted, but in most cases, it does punt them, although they keep walking straight tword me, no agro loss (not a big deal as I'm shooting them, would get agro immediately anyway.)
  6. Fintank Augur

I really like the concept of Vaporous Veil and making it a group spell would certainly be welcome on raids. However in its current form it is next to useless, it's a defensive proc and the value of the proc is absolutely garbage in today's game. I'd really like it if they changed it to function in the way that the Cleric spell Hand of Merciful Infusion or the Druid spell Mystical Ways works. At least then it would provide some decent benefit to both yourself and your group without needing to be taking melee damage for very small returns. Also if it got moved to song window that'd reduce the clutter of buffs on you as well.

[55233/4763] Hand of Merciful Infusion
    Classes: CLR/109
    Skill: Abjuration
    Mana: 4936
    Target: Target Group, MGB: No
    Range: 100', AE Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 2m, Timer: 9, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 60s+ (10 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 8 Offensive Proc Casts
    5:
    Add Melee Proc: Merciful Infusion with 200% Rate Mod

[49114/5667] Mystical Ways
    Classes: DRU/103
    Skill: Abjuration
    Mana: 1585
    Target: Caster Group, MGB: No
    Range: 50', AE Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 6s, Timer: 7, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 36s+ (6 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 48 Outgoing Hit Successes
    1: Add Skill Proc: Mending Mystery with 100% Rate Mod
    2: Limit Skill: 1H Blunt
    3: Limit Skill: 1H Slash
    4: Limit Skill: 2H Blunt
    5: Limit Skill: 2H Slash
    6: Limit Skill: Archery
    7: Limit Skill: Hand to Hand
    8: Limit Skill: 1H Pierce
    9: Limit Skill: 2H Pierce

I think it would be easier to basically copy over the Druid version since it already has all the proc limits in the data, I'm unsure if the Cleric version works with Archery but it should work with all straight melee. If we ended up getting it like Mystical Ways then the lower de-agro proc it currently has wouldn't need to be upped at all because of the pure amount of procs we'd be able to produce.

Just food for thought, in it's current state and even if it became a group buff in its current state it would still be basically a dead spell line. Chameleon's Gift doesn't even cause me to lose agro most of the time and it's proc is almost 7x more.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  7. Thunderkiks Augur

Lol yeah. Same with that enchanter rune :)