Vaniki Suggestions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Apr 8, 2022.

1. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Please enable pvp so I can grief and bath in the tears of the slain.
    Ginix likes this.
  2. Stapes New Member

I am interested in playing on this server as a casual/raider. The position I am in as I'm sure many others is that I am now a married adult with a job and children and all the adult responsibilities that consume most of my time. I have a group of friends that I have raided with over the years that I want to continue to raid with that are moving to this new server. I can get my wife to agree to take over the responsibilities and let me raid generally 2 nights a week. The idea of challenging raid content and being able to quickly go through the expansions to see content I've never seen before is very appealing, but I feel like I won't be able to keep up unless there are accommodations for the fast unlocks. I know I will have to take time off work to make time to grind to max level every time the levels increase, but otherwise I will just be loading in for raids and maybe the occasional off night or weekend afternoon until I fall too far behind that I have to quit. The furthest I have made it before with 3 month unlocks was Underfoot before the AA/gear gap became too big and I could no longer participate in any current content. I would love to be able to make it all the way to live this time but know I will not make it without changes. Faster XP in general (especially an increase in the horrible raid xp and fast AAs) would help me significantly with keeping up with the fast unlocks. FV loot rules are also great for casual players as we can buy kronos when we start lagging behind on gear to help us keep up with the rest of our raiders which helps both us and Daybreak.
  3. Pappasalt Augur

Out of all that I'll respond with, that's why I made the "suggestions" post because they commented that kind of stuff is "still on the table." Then the forum warriors came in and started tearing things apart as always who barely scratched this game as whole.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If I were to make a suggestion it is this.

Achievement Rewards:
    Do NOT reveal all of them at once, instead only reveal the achievement rewards for the next "era" of the server one week prior to that era unlocking and announce them across DarkPaws social media accounts like it does for regular expansion unlocks on TLP servers.

So one week prior to launch announce the available Achievement rewards for level 40 era of Vaniki.
    Then announce the level 50 Achievemenet Rewards one week before that unlocks.

Drive interest on a per-unlock basis, retain some mystery & surprises, create interest in the server over a longer period than just the "launch window".

With how these rewards can be claimed on other servers there is a lot of scope here for making this kind of server a real success, if the will is there to promote it in an engaging way.

This also perhaps allows the team to "test the waters" some with some of these rewards & gather feedback on them inbetween eras to maybe adjust on the fly and also not have to have all of them set in stone by launch date.

I also would like to see a more "dynamic" approach to loot & XP models.

Look at the data, see how quickly guilds are gearing & adjust drops if things are looking a bit too lean on loot, also if too much loot is going into the bin it may be wise to pare it back some.

Look at how fast players are levelling & getting AA (where AA are actually being obtained) and adjust XP rates if they look too slow or too fast for the unlock pace.

Setting everything on one static fire & forget system is certainly economical, it's also prone to shortsightedness & this server is going to be very different to anything before it so maybe its worth a little data analysis & tweakage each unlock to be sure it's evolving in a healthy way.
  5. Pappasalt Augur

Yea that's something like I suggested for a "seasonal" server where you would have like cosmetic account stuff or something for certain achievements in a certain timeframe.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

If you and your guild fall behind the pack, then you and your guild can still level together. Daybreak doesn't need to shorten a marathon because one runner finished first with a world record time, and another player finished last without a noticeable crowd at the finish line. Rebel has been giving this analogy multiple times, yet you don't seem to understand the relevance in regards to Vaniki.

Casual guild can learn from hardcore guild. Casual guild can still kill everything that hardcore guild killed at a later date. Casual guild and hardcore guild have access to the exact same game.

I hate it when streamers "share" their suggestions because their ideas always ruin my games. I'm looking at Shroud and Ninja as the two prime examples of being good at a game and convincing developers to make terrible changes.

Bobbybick has ruined Mischief's tiered loot lands...Pappasalt will not ruin mine with Free Trade!
    Zrender likes this.
  7. Pappasalt Augur

Oh jesus comparing me with any of those streamers. Shroud hacks everything, Ninja is...ninja, and bobbybick pees sitting down.

Like I said when I suggested free trade it's a thing I can do with or without it's really something I prefer though yes. But the increased loot and xp is a must on this server imo.
  8. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

You probably are right about increased experience and loot. Vaniki has an under two year time span, so a lot of players will probably TRY to push for live towards the year plus mark unless the leveling, gearing, and AA experience is simply too much to handle. I probably wouldn't want to play anymore if 9/10 guilds slayed the final boss, while my casual guild was still sorting out a mid-point expansion.

E.X. I wouldn't want to finish the marathon if the event was already over.

You can hold the presses, tabloids. Pappasalt and I are temporarily best forum friends.
  9. Zrender Augur

Overall the difficulty is the point of this server. As has been said, you don't need to raid every day. You can be in a guild that chooses to raid every day but that's up to them. Always is.

Regarding your points, remember that this server has a huge difference from selo, more group content from later expansions are open and drop great gear. I still predict that no guild will ever be current on raid progression on this server. Since nobody will ever be current it's going to be more of a finesse situation where people are calculating what gear is strong and maximally attainable for the guild, people are already running these numbers. FV loot is a highly polarized topic. I, like many others used to beg for it but not after I played on mischief. It has it's place but I don't agree that it should be the default. I think DPG nailed it on mischief, maybe again in a few years it'll be fine. On the AA issue I agree with you, there's no need to double main xp but they should double AA xp to eliminate the harshness of that grind. You don't need those AAs but people will feel compelled to min/max and get them so they should come faster. It would also be sweet if they would make keying account wide.