Vaniki Alchemy fail to meet requirements

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Phelon, Aug 30, 2023.

1. Phelon New Member

So I've been playing on Vaniki more in my downtime while waiting for Oakwynd to get to Velious. I was tired of not being able to find basic pots like IVU so I made a shaman. But none of the pots that work on Oakwynd work on Vaniki, every single recipe I have tried returns "You cannot make this combine because you fail to meet requirements." WTF is going on? I used the GM to get to 21 skill and have logged in and out. I've tried both a vendor sold medicine bag and a reinforced one. I've tried to combine in different zones.
  2. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Have you tried the other Alchemy recipes, the ones available on Live? At some point (I don't recall when), alchemy was revamped and a whole new set of recipes were added, many of which were stronger than the originals. To keep alchemy products from being overpowered in the early expansions, the TLPs before the expansion where alchemy changed have a different (older) set of recipes. Vaniki likely has the Live versions available.
  3. Barton The Mischievous

Some recipes only work on TLP's till the get to a certain expansion PoR I think is when they change to new.
    Vaniki is on like VoA expansion now so it likely uses live recipes check the recipe on eq traders.
    For example
    Code:
    Ant's Potion (TLP Only)
    Charges: 1
    Effect: Ant Legs
    WT: 0.4  Size: SMALL
    Class: ALL
    Race: ALL
    Stackable up to 10
    EQ item ID: 14441

No longer works and you need to make

Code:
        Philter of the Ant
    MAGIC ITEM
    Charges: 1
    Effect: Ant Legs (Casting Time: 1.5)
    WT: 0.8  Size: SMALL
    Class: ALL
    Race: ALL
    Stackable up to 20
    EQTC notes: Ant Legs
    Spell Effect: Shrinks your target, allowing them greater mobility in tight quarters.
    EQ item ID: 96480

Rijacki likes this.