Vaniki 50% increase to rares added PERMA (Confirmed)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vicus, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Xeris Augur

That literally works in 1 zone. You realize almost nobody is bind rushing things. We've not done it once.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Mmmmm

[IMG]
    Triconix likes this.
  3. Triconix Augur

1. The concept of bind rushing is going to die off rather quickly and require actual tactics to beat the later targets for achievements. I would seriously love to see anyone attempting to bind rush anything Vish and beyond. Those 10000 death skeletons for each idiot trying to go in would be amusing to watch.
    2. Who is we? I'm not in BR, nor want to even be closely associated with them, and do not pay for perks.
    3. Generalize/assume much, do you?
  4. Pikollo Augur

1) Bind rushing was the only reason mobs in Kael died. Its obvious bind rushing won't work moving on because you can't bind in most zones. Not to mention when instances hit a ceiling you can't zerg with a hundred people either. The tactics won't change from any other time someone killed a mob like Vish. The only disadvantage you have going in is some hp loss or maybe some aa. I'm not saying it may not be (somewhat) difficult but don't act like it will take a huge breakthrough in strategy to kill something. Likewise don't think doing it 10 levels below is a huge feat when they change so many things the 10 levels don't matter that much.

2) I don't know who BR is. I also don't know who "we" is. I said you guys. Are you those guys?

3) Not at all. With everything they could have done for a new TLP they came up with this and its dumb. IMO of course. And in a lot of opinions. I understand your need to defend it because you enjoy it. Which is fine. But its dumb.
  5. Triconix Augur

By what objective reason is it dumb? Please provide one. I'm failing to see the stupidity of providing more viable content from the beginning. That's nothing more than a net positive. Options is always a good thing, especially when it helps mitigate the many negatives that come with normal TLP launches.

I haven't even done a single raid on the server yet. I just enjoy a more open atmosphere with access to content that's not a bunch of pixelated brown walls like Guk and the Hole. More gearing options, more leveling options, QOA features from the beginning like bazaar, spell focus items being viable from launch, etc.

It's just a much better approach/launch compared to the highly monotonous and limited classic launch where people herd themselves into 5 total zones, creating overcrowded zones and toxicity.
  6. Pikollo Augur

So what you're saying is the ruleset doesn't matter. You just wanted a late game launch so you had more options of gameplay. Therefore it doesn't matter if the ruleset is dumb or not (it is), you just wanted to play non-classic.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You did not answer the question.
    Triconix likes this.
  8. Triconix Augur

Having more options is literally a part of the ruleset, genius. For that it is a good ruleset, objectively. More content = more options = good. Having more options also has multiple positive side effects, which I also provided. Further objective reasoning why it was good.
  9. Pikollo Augur

Capping 10 levels below gives you less options I'd think. What expac the TLP starts isn't really in the same bag as the rules of the server. They just decided to start you in a later expac. Selo started in Luclin and had a lot of those same options. Miragul start in HoT and had all the options. But the rulesets were different. So like I said. The ruleset doesn't matter to you. You just want more zones to play in (a later expansion start). Like a lot of people asking for a TSS release.

Sure I did. Its dumb. Its just an opinion. If you want me to elaborate. They capped you 10 levels below but then adjust everything else to make it not matter. Its dumb. I'm sure its a little challenging. But imagine if they didn't tweak everything and everything 50+ still resist your level 40 spells? The server may as well just cap normal and have the achievements (which is a good idea). Or a battlepass.

If you guys play it and are happy I'm happy for you. Don't get all stirred up just cuz someone called your server dumb lol.
  10. Pikollo Augur

The only good thing that came out of Vaniki is it proves the devs lied about other TLP's about what they could and could not do. So other TLP's could have been saved. But theres no money in that.
    Korea numbah3 likes this.
  11. Korea numbah3 Elder

Vaniki was a much worse idea than Miragul
    Pikollo likes this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The level difference matters for more than just spells landing, mobs will have more hitpoints, more mana, more ac, cast higher level spells that have an increased chance of landing on players, hit players for higher amounts of damage than level-appropriate NPCs can.

However, the reason spell resist level-checks were removed is because without doing that the caster dps classes would be disporoportionately negatively affected by the level difference & rendered useless.

Why?
    Because that big of a level difference would have meant barely any of their spells would have landed - and that would have meant Vaniki risked becoming a casterless server where only melees tanks & priests served a useful function.

So your opinion the server is dumb appears to originate from being not well-enough informed about EverQuest's spell-system, perhaps this information was not known to you or poorly understood if it was.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Don't like the server? Don't play it.

Don't like the company? Don't support it.

The real agenda behind the criticism is to force a captive audience ("suckers") into a Krono/loot farm paradise ruleset server for RMTers. All other servers that compete be damned.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I get that you are bitter that Selo did not get Truebox switched off when it was asked for, I was a Phinigel player who asked for it to be switched off on my server too, I understand how that would have made you feel ignored.

Devs never said they could not do it, they said that they did not want to, so not really lying.

Seeing Vaniki & Yelinak having a Truebox which WILL be switched off shows that the devs listened enough to try a couple of servers where this idea was implimented - the important distinction here is "from the start" it is a part of the ruleset, for Selo & Phinigel they were not willing to change the ruleset, a disappointment for sure, but clearly the volume of the requests & the reasoned debate around the changing of server rulesets clearly had some impact.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Why?
  16. Pikollo Augur

You just explained why the -10 cap is dumb and it could have just been a normal level cap. Like I said. I am sure it makes it a bit more challenging. Having less hp to deal with AE's (thats also offset by wearing higher level gear). The point is basically nothing is different because of the changes to compensate for being lower level. Its just cool to say "omg we killed a nerfed nag at level 40!".

From the get I thought Selo was dumb too. They called it the casual server when in reality it was probably the most hardcore TLP there was. You had 30 days to level, gear, flag for raids etc. In later expacs it became increasingly hard with flag chokes. Selo was dumb because they didn't have the foresight of their own game to realize they are forcing a year of content into one month and not compensating. The players asked for truebox to be removed because the server was dying out. Ignored. They asked for increased loot and flags to compensate for the quick turn around. Ignored (except UF for some reason). The reasons were a mix of cannot, will not, and don't know how. I played cuz it was a Tour de EQ but it was very apparent that the devs would not listen and did not care to make changes because by then the new TLP baby was coming out.

I can agree with you that maybe now they are listening SOME and I am happy they are trying new things. Hell I'm happy for the people playing on Vaniki that are happy. I know a couple..like..2.. Vaniki was dumb though in my opinion. There were plenty of better TLP ideas floating around.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Have you played on Vaniki yet?

Because the way you are talking here tells me that you have no experience of what it is actually like.
    I can assure you, it is very different, probably the most unique way to experience EverQuest if you aren't a fan of Mischief's ruleset and importantly it has barely even gotten going on the challenging front.

The 70+ expansions when the raid content is growing more complex & the 100+ expansions where the "power creep" which has such a huge impact on the early expansion content will have all but dissipated will be a whole different experience than any TLP has ever confronted and in some cases may even end up being more challenging than live ever was.
    Stymie likes this.
  18. Triconix Augur

Compared to what? A regular launch TLP? How so? You have content from Kunark-GOD all available to you still even with a max level of 40. I would be fine if they started with a 50 level cap to mimic classic's max level. Regardless where they start the level cap, the options to go to something other than the poop show that is new yard -> UR -> Guk/Hole still remains. How is having dozens of extra zones available not giving you more options than say Yelinak where everyone is funneling into just a few zones like a bunch of sheep?

Starting a level-locked GOD era start TLP would be lightyears better than the average TLP. They wouldn't need to do all those tweaks that you think are so dumb. It would have no effect on the main reason why I think the server is fun.
  19. Pikollo Augur

Spoken like a spokesperson promoting a server lol. I understand your need to defend it. No I haven't played Vaniki. As I said. I thought it was dumb. In fact when it became TLP time my friends on Thornblade started getting the normal "oh who are we going to lose to the new TLP" vibe and when they announced Vaniki no one even bat an eye. Assuming guilds last to the later expacs and the TLP next year doesn't kill Vaniki I can see where it'd get interesting to try and get the achievements. Thats IF it survives. As it sits right now. Meh. There were better ideas.
  20. Pikollo Augur

lol you don't quite understand do you? I agree'd that a GoD start was giving you more options. I disagreed that the ruleset has anything to do with it. I personally see the expac start and the rules as different things (Except for Miragul who rules forced it to start in HoT). I personally like TLP's that start out of the classic/kunark/vel era. I'd rather see the whole game open at the start but (true) level locks. So you can go anywhere in the game you want assuming you're the level to survive it.