Valkyrie & Samurai Helmet Ornaments

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ZenMaster, May 27, 2018.

1. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

So Planetside 2's Samurai Helmet has me inspired.

[IMG]

https://imgur.com/a/XZ8h3#j19KFfb (Planetside 2 Exceptional Directive Reward)

I am curious if EverQuest could have Samurai and Valkyrie Helm ornaments introduced to the game.

[IMG]

The Valkyrie Helmet already has a graphic on the Valkyrie-like mobs in Plane of Health.

[IMG]

Both helmets could be introduced as loot, quest rewards, tradeskill, or achievement rewards in a future expansion (say Plane of Sky redux). A Valkyrie Helmet ornament may nicely fit with the Barbarian or Koada'Dal (High Elf) Heritage Crates in place of the illusion.

What other helmet designs would be cool to see in game?
  2. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Valiant Plate Helm comes close but is distinctly different - tiny gold wings vs. sweeping silver or white plumage.
  3. Khat_Nip Meow

I can't get into the Samurai look being a part of EQ. It just doesn't fit.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  4. Dreadmore Augur

Dragons of Norrath must've been weird for you!

Well, yeah. It was a bit weird for me, too.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Koryu like this.
  5. Tegila Augur

Need Spartan helmets too. Most of the helmet ornaments in game now are bad and/or exactly like the rest with a color variant. The armor ornaments look much better than years ago though, but boots and brackets still waaaay top bulky imo. This is why I mix n match and never have ornaments in all slots, boots are the worst, particularly nonplate classes. I mean suit or armor yeah big clunky boots even if o don't like the look, but leather and chain shouldn't be so huge.

Other head ornament ideas: ninja (samurai made me think of it, black hood/scarf so just eyes are visible) more plate ornaments that don't look bad, more options for leather and cloth that aren't pointy wizard/witch hats, SOME robelike graphics wearable by other classes. Roman battle skirts and battle kilts would be good too, though maybe put a size restriction on them as I don't think either would be good on a gnome or halflimg etc. Some ornaments that make you look naked (not real naked lol, but how the toons look without armor) many more ideas I'm sure.

Also hats, we have some silly out of context hats which ppl like, a bunch wizard and witch hats, and some silly headbands and the crafted animal skin heads, but I see no new hats since 2013 when I previously played. More fedora, derbies, fishing, tophats etc maybe (some wouldn't be out of context but most would not that it matters it seems) chef hats maybe as part of master baking trophy, fishing hat for fishing 250, stuff like that. No coonskin caps avail though which fits the animal skin ones, more good varieties would be good, turbans, eyepatches, etc etc. There are a million possibilities for hats and people seem to like using them to express personality or seasons and moods. The pumpkin heads and hats are really goofy as it is, so why not some masks for Halloween like evil orcs etc not illusion, just the face/head. A beast or lion head, maybe Cheshire cat. Was one I started talking about hats specifically for but now I can't remember lol. I suppose making face ornaments would be cool, but may interfere with helmed so helm ornaments that include the face are easier. Could make some wizard hats with really long beards too.
  6. AnzoRagespirit Augur

The only good looking armor ornaments ( minus helms they always look craptastic) for leather anyway are the Arx ornaments most if not all the rest look horrible...the Di'Zok ornaments from RoS raids had potential till I saw what a full set looked like...not impressed...spikes aren't just for plate and chain yah know, let is leather wearers have spikes!!!
  7. Leigo You come here often?

OMG COME ON!! samuri iksars!!! I need this in my life!
  8. Neodraykl Elder

9. Tegila Augur

How do headbands with arrows through your head, or hearts instead of arrowheads, and a hat made from a PIECE of pumpkin fly by you just fine, but samurai doesn't fit? In a game, with dojos and monks, talking cats and lizards, snakes that stand upright, and 6billion different races and cultures and planets and dimensions...this is one of the least odd looks for the game I could imagine. My sk is currently wearing some serious steampunk looking bustier ornament with gold fishnet sleeves and a day of the dead tophat. But samurai helm is out of place? Lol
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Nothing will beat the Succulent Helmet...

[IMG]
  11. Sagarmatha Augur

But then you would have to deal with samurai Gnomes.

Only Bristlebane himself could create such a sick, twisted joke.
  12. Thraine Augur

but everyone seems ok with flying jetpacks that run on ... something?? its 2018 and WE dont have jetpacks yet!! .. i think we can let the samuri helm slide :p
    Nennius likes this.
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You would want player made ones. They need to automate the Player Studio submission approval process, open up all ornamentations to the PS, and allow full designs instead of just mirrored.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Leigo You come here often?

But the samurai iksars would just eat the samurai gnomes and problem solved
  15. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

16. Nniki Augur

Not bad.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Sheex likes this.
  17. Triconix Augur

It's a shame the helmet is ugly. I don't get why it's impossible for designers to create a good looking helmet? There's like 2