used to love EQ

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leifen, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Leifen Augur

Hey all
    I have been playing EQ for 7 years now. I know others have played longer but still.
    I love this game have bought expansions every year for 2 accounts and then this stuff happens.

An item is introduced that is twice as powerful as any item of its kind and is only able to be gotten for a few weeks in an entire year. Then a person spends almost 40 hours camping said item with nothing to show for it. Now I wait for another year for another chance to spend even more time? No I wont, it's getting more and more likely I will simply leave.

I would suggest that next expansion it is attached to a named or a fairly lengthy achievement so people can actually get one. I am talking about the ancient cloak of flames. A 17% overhaste clicky when the best "group" is 6 or 7. Or at least put that overhaste on an item that can be gotten, please as someone who really does love this game I am asking you to quit hurting the players.
  2. Rashari Elder

Sorry to say so, just because you pay
    to play the game does not entitle
    you to get it all and/or easy.
    Ring and Cloak were announced as
    zonewide rares.
    Granted, some players have been very
    very lucky on the drops (multiple times)
    and others failed to see it drop the entire
    time...but that's the game.
    Those items are nice to have, but for sure
    not game-breaking.
    So not owning them does not hinder you
    to play the game like you used to do before
    Hardcore Heritage.
    Imho, they just served the purpose to
    sell more Kronos...Mission accomplished, SOE :)
  3. Tobynn Augur

Best group items are 10%.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. savrin Augur

They are not lore and attunable. Why not buy one? The fact that they are tradable means the devs did everything possible in their power to make it so that people have a reasonable chance to get them whether it be farming them or buying one afterwards. What more do you want from them?
  5. Brosa Augur

4375 mobs in Naggy and saw one cloak drop
    3949 mobs in CMM and saw 5 rings drop
    Looks like I got screwed by Naggy with most people stating one drop for aprox 1k kills. Just my luck I guess
  6. Leifen Augur

Mostly because people are asking for 3 million plat? LoL Sorry not rich got a coupla hundred k that's it.
  7. Leifen Augur

I believe you are talking about the overhaste from OMM? That is technically a raid item a solid group can do it now I believe but it isn't a "group" item.
  8. savrin Augur

3 mil is too much but, some people were selling them for 1.5mil but I guess it depends on your server. I would say if you farm plat enough you would not have to wait a year. If you are willing to spend money on kronos you could buy it sooner.
  9. Leifen Augur

True.

"4375 mobs in Naggy and saw one cloak drop
    3949 mobs in CMM and saw 5 rings drop
    Looks like I got screwed by Naggy with most people stating one drop for aprox 1k kills. Just my luck I guess"

That is a 0.0002285 % drop rate for the cloak, pretty darn slim odds, rofl.
  10. Astehroth Elder

1 drop in 4375 expressed as a % is 0.0228( (1/4375) x 100) .

I think unfortunately we may see more of these chase items which I wouldn't mind except THEY NEVER DROP FOR ME EVAZ.
    Leerah likes this.
  11. Qbert Gallifreyan

Here are two "group" items that have 10% overhaste, but the OMM clicky is far more easily acquired. Solid group is overkill in some cases, many classes can solo it (since at least level 85 if not before).

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=110237

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=110245

Both are choices at the end of evolving http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=108392
  12. Tobynn Augur

Nope.
  13. tysonwritesel Journeyman

The most invested players are going to tell you you're not entitled to anything. However there are more accessible games out there besides EverQuest.
  14. Ragbert Elder

I would not worry about that bling. Mudflation will take care of it soon enough. The mind numbing camping was not the best of times I've had in this game.
  15. Movistar Journeyman

I wanted a cloak but wasn't able to get one and my feelings aren't hurt. idk just me though. Move on and hope for something better with new expansion.
  16. Bigbear Augur

lol its a raid quality item that was attainable by groupers... if u really want something that good... try raiding instead of leaving EQ... i dont raid.. and the thought of getting that item never crossed my mind and i am just fine with that..
  17. Phlare New Member

Not sure what class you are but if you finish the RoF collection tasks the monk, rogue and berserker weapons proc "battlefury" a 15% overhaste buff (not that its easy to complete all the collections!) The OMM drop is pretty easy to get these days I used that until I managed to get real lucky and had someone sell a COTF to my buyer in the bazaar. I'm curious to see if they add similar drops in the future.
  18. Phrett Augur

I understand your frustration, but... the original post really embodies the difference between original EQ and the current version of EQ. Back in the older (more fun and intriguing) EQ, there were items that you'd see some badazz in an uber guild carrying around that you'd never seen before, and probably never ever acquire... and the game was better off for it.

Now, we've got more of a trophy-for-everyone mentality... and while it's got some benefits, the game as a whole seems much less magical. I guess in other words, the older and bigger EQ has become... the smaller it seems.

P.S. I suddenly have an urge to start an SK and go acquire Greenmist, or a druid and camp a whole set of Elysian armor.