Unused tradeskill items

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pikollo, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Pikollo Augur

Since DoN hit Selo I've noticed a lot of items marked tradeskill that are not used any more. If they are unused why do they still drop? A good example is the research runes/pages that are no longer used. I could understand if they sell for a decent amount of money to a vendor but they don't.

I recently purchased a bunch of scale ore thinking to make the palladium practice stuff only to get "you do not meet the requirements". After some research a friend found. It would appear that the Palladium jewelry that was shared in the book "Palladium, a discovery by Jade Belistra" can no longer be made either. "
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

The reality is that it takes developer time to go back and fix this stuff, and I just doubt they have it as a high enough priority. The EQ dev team is fairly small from everything I've heard.

TLDR: only so many hours in a day.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Scale ore is not useless. It is still used in high level weapons - the shawl quest when you have to have the palladin stuff enchanted etc. All this is on live -- so someday it might be useful on your server.
  4. Pikollo Augur

Appreciate it. I didn't look past what it was used for in-era. It sucks to spend money on it thinking to skill up only to see the recipe does not exist any more.

Honestly they should have removed the items as they were making the changes. They redid the cultural system so as they were doing that just remove the items that were not used any more. Same with research and runes.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

It's probably one of those dumb EQ coding things where if they made the mobs stop dropping the items altogether the zone would break and/or everything would drop cloth caps instead.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

At least I know I'm in the clear to sell cloth caps though.
  7. Midnitewolf Augur

Well at least most of it sells to vendors so you can usually make a few plat from looting it.

Honestly, the item system in EQ is just atrocious. I mean it is so frustrating to see an item drop marked as "Quest" but there isn't one indication of just what "Quest" it might be used for. I tend to loot everything marked quest and often look it up later. Most of the time, the quest is either too crappy or too complex, convoluted for me to bother with. Other times I end up looting a very important item for another class that was in my group by mistake. Then there are the times I don't bother to loot a item marked as "Quest" only to find out, I needed that item for some important quest I wanted to do. Worse, as far as I can tell, the only way to find out what the item is for is to search some third party source of information.
  8. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Literally a complaint about what makes EQ EQ.
    Finnster likes this.