Unscheduled Downtime - December 8, 2022

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pintoy 3, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Pintoy 3 Journeyman

If you schedule downtime 24 hours in advance is it really "unscheduled downtime"?
    Nennius and Duder like this.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

It says in red at the top "Scheduled Maintenance", so maybe its both.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

If it is not on the in-game calendar, it is unscheduled, I believe.

Considering all the grief Daybreak got for calling downtimes in the past 'Scheduled' when they were really out of the blue unscheduled, I can see why they are erring in favor of just calling them unscheduled...
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It was only about 14.5 hours of notice and I think that is short enough to classify it as unscheduled.
    Andarriel likes this.
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

This thread did not disappoint
    minimind, Andarriel and Herf like this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

A hard server crash is called "a potential issue", so them calling this an "unscheduled downtime", is not really that surprising...:p

That said, I prefer them to fix bugs early on, rather than let them linger for weeks.:)
  7. Tucoh Augur

Good rule of customer support: If you overstate the ramifications of a problem and understate the organization that goes into addressing the organization, the customer doesn't feel motivated to whine about it.

Somehow the statement of, "Our issue strike team is executing their investigation procedure to look at a potential problem some customers may be experiencing" will garner a lot less frustration than "Yeah, everything is on fire and we locked Mikey in the server until he puts it out."
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

wonder what there fixing??
  9. Tucoh Augur

10. Tanacious Lorekeeper

HAHA... I love this. I missed this. My only hope is one of these server fire patches will fix the game to make it interesting again and not just a regurgitation of higher and higher numbers that will eventually end up with no one able to zone in to an area without taking 10 billion points of damage from proximity to a mob that is one level higher than you.
    Herf likes this.
  11. Herf Augur

Poor Mikey :(
  12. NatazzEvoli Elder

If you schedule something that is unscheduled, it is then scheduled...
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

And it still gave me a chuckle when I saw it. In any case, the proof of things will be in the bugs fixed and not in the title.