Unrelenting bright white content

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Windance Augur

Dear Devs:

IMHO, GMM and now TOV are too bright.

For example, the 'duck' message in the heroic kael mission is white. Most of the time you can't read it text because its white text on a white background.

And yes you can just use GINA for it ... but that's not the point.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

I think Event Messages is the associated chat filter...you can change the color of the text.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Yes, you can change the color of the text. However, no matter what color you pick, there will always be some background (the world) where that color will not work. So you would need to constantly change it.

The answer is to have the text outlined in another color. Or, let it be in a "box" of a different color.

Daybreak would have to enable that, which would be nice.

The other answer is to use GINA.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Nennius like this.
  4. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

As a side note: Options -> Display -> Advanced -> Turn off the pixel shaders. It's not pretty, but it makes it easier to see stuff.
    Tucoh and Nennius like this.
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Everything in ToV (at least in the missions) comes across as either emotes, system messages, or event messages. All you have to do is have a chat window (or chat tab) with those 3 things filtered to it and you are good to go.

When I see the full screen emote, I immediately turn to that chat window and pick up the info. And my eyes suck.

No special text boxes, no GINA. Just a basic text window with 3 things filtered to it.

GINA (and audio triggers) are great, but there's no substitute from just having a simple chat window.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yep, I amost never actually watch the screen during stuff. My eyes go back and forth from the group window to the chat window with event messages...and that's all I ever see during missions. :D
  7. Razorfall Augur

Just imagine if you had bloom lighting on. You'd need a welding helmet to play the game.
    Duder and Winnowyl like this.
  8. Chorus Augur

for some reason, this strikes me as a good idea now. Thanks!
  9. Clawbird New Member

I love the look of the new "Ice Shader" but that sheet been turned off since day one.
    Moege likes this.