[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by magman, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

There was a dev that specifically said "You can now use ISB on Riz..." does it need to be any clearer?

As for the other? If you're stupid enough to stream it somewhere... wonder what's going to happen even if Daybreak does tend to look the other way?
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

It is a pity that the cheating software combines cheat features and QoL features.

I would pay for legal QoL-features.
    Endorek likes this.
  3. Angahran Augur

Well ISB cannot do that without you using some other software/hardware to actually press buttons.

You can do this with no software (but it will get you on DPGs naught list) by simply parking your group with pet/tank merc and healer merc withing agro range of hostile mobs spawn points.
  4. Zamiam Augur

that was my point .. if said person was using ISB for legit purposes but was standing in the middle of a camp afk just relying on his merc and pet tanking that might of been why they/he got suspended/banned but said person thought that why he got the ban was because ISB or any 3rd party program was the reason he got the ban hammer when in actuality it was because he was standing in the middle of a camp afk killing (even if , maybe it was only for few minutes while he left his keyboard or not)

I said anyone playing afk (Unattended game play) will/could get you the ban hammer , however some people do not think that is cheating or they seriously get up for 5 min to go check on dinner or bio and they do have said 3rd party going or active ( but not doing anything at the time) accept their merc's or pets are finishing up said mob(s) while they go check .. then they come back and viola the ban hammer hit while they were gone for 5min and they wonder why they got banned ..

Like i said before I use ISB , I only use it to manage my multiple instances of EQ with 5 to 7 windows and use the broadcasting which allows me to hit a few macros from 1 toon and it gets broadcasted to my other toons ( I ACTUALLY HAVE TO BE AT KEYBOARD TO HIT THE BUTTON TO BROADCAST said keystroke) but if im sitting in a camp while my ISB is up (which it is automatically cause im using it to manage my windows) and im killing with my pets and mercs and I go afk whether its to take a quick bio or sit there for hours on end killing while im not there then im in violation of Unattended game play not because of my ISB but because i was simply AFK when the dev's decided to monitor me whether from a report on me doing it or because they seen me sitting some place hours on end doing something ..

Now if they monitor me and they notice me using Illegal stuff like warping or my toons running around auto taunting mobs and doing the precise (botting) things botting software allows you to do ILLegally then now im not only doing Unattended game play but also using 3rd party software to enhance my experience wrongly ..

both examples above are unacceptable and are bannable ..

Me using ISB to manage my windows and broadcast keystrokes from one toon to another (as long as im at keyboard ) making all the decisions and hitting the keys myself is not Illegal and is allowed .. How do i know this cause ive been using said ISB for over a decade and have never got banned or suspended .. I also do not afk kill if i have to take a break or bio i make sure I either log out or I go sit somewhere out of the way so I know said mobs in camp wont agro me ( because I know if they did and I was not at keyboard I could get banned if a dev came around at that exact time i was gone and ban me for my mercs and pets killing a mob ) even though was not intentional .. and that would be my fault and I wouldn't blame it on ISB .. I wouldnt come on these boards and say I got banned for using ISB when I knew it was because I made the mistake of going afk for that few minutes i was gone ..

I believe I even stated in my post from above that any Unattended game play can/will/could get you the ban hammer whether using 3rd party boxing software or alt tabbing or simply playing molo and having your pet and merc kill mobs at a camp all night .. so why you quoted my post ( a very small portion of my post ) I dont know .

I am an avid boxer(not botter) and use ISB and I tell people to use it all the time or recommend they use it. one of my fav quotes " with great power comes great responsibility " the Power is 3rd party software( my ISB) the responsibility is knowing and reading up on it and using it responsibly ..
    this was a very long post :p hope was not too boring ...
    Pelrond likes this.
  5. Razorfall Augur

Not only that but on a new server....one that specifically mentions automation as being something NOT allowed in it's TOS

From https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-tlp-aradune-rizlona-2020

Jumbur likes this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think that rule is for all servers TBH: https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230629007-Everquest-Rules-of-Conduct
    they are just more vague about what "disciplinary action" means.

But the new servers are probably more in focus "PR-wise". Proving to the public that the game still has integrity is DPG's job, i hope they take that seriously...
    Once a game gets a bad reputation for cheating, it is hard to regain the players trust...

hmm, just noticed the general rules doesn't mention automated gameplay? :confused:

M Q 2 probably falls under.
    and
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

My understanding is that automation in itself is not what DBG is after, it is cheating (like being able to see where all mobs are on the map) and unattended gameplay.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

So if an AI, only got the same inputs as the player(screenshots and sound), and someone sat at the computer and observed it all the time, then it would be ok...

Just reading the zone-geometry from the screenshots (/loc would help) and figuring out how not to get lost, would be rather challenging to develop...:p but then again, "inverse rendering" and triangulation is a thing nowadays...

Theoretically possible I think, but might be too slow for realtime games...?
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Thing is these dudes you call rabid react like that a lot of the time is because someone HAS decided they should get a named spawn because they are doing hunters and obviously their needs take precedence. I mean we both know this happens so are you really so surprised you get such a vehement response?

Personally I think getting that upset about it doesnt do anyone any good but I at least understand why it happens.

And yes while some folks want competition throughout all of Everquest a lot of folks don't want it.

Reminds me of early Ultima Online when it was all PK no options. The devs argued over and over that most players wanted it that way. They they created two parts of each shard one was pvp and the other side wasnt. What they got left with was one side empty the pvp side and the other well populated. A lot of the pvps quite because they only had pvpers to pvp with not people going out just to chop wood.

So while yes I get you like the competition I think EQ is much like my UO example. Most folks dont want to have to fight for the named mobs they spend hours to spawn only to have someone come along and not respect their camp.

I respect you as a player who gets every bit they can out of their box group and works hard at improving your gameplay. Not the way I enjoy the game but I totally respect and get you like it that way. I am probably more middle of the road. I enjoy improving my game play but not nearly as focused as you are on it.

The thing is what if you were always the one losing competitions on DPS or on nameds. There are a lot of folks who simply are not playing this game competitively. I guess you have a right to feel everyone should have to compete.. I feel otherwise in fact I have run a guild for almost 21 years on the whole premise that you don't have to play Everquest competitively. There are lots of ways to compete such as getting progression done fast, raiding and taking down targets first that allow competition but does not force it on folks. Compete in those areas... Beat your personal bests.. don't force competition on others is all I ask.
  10. Tucoh Augur

It's not even that i like the competition as much as i like being able to exist without people sending me nasty tells for getting close to them or god forbid one of the base pop spawns they are camping aggro onto me and i delete it.
  11. Pawtato Augur

I’ve found that people are on edge, because the game is making them do a bunch of content that they don’t want to do. It’s making them miserable.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

I ran into a group about 2 weeks ago, where they were ignoring 2 named ph's, but killing 2 other mobs. I pulled the other two 3 times, then got the named and engaged it, then go called out that it was camped. I spoke to the person, and apparently they were off having lunch but it's still their mob. (yet their toons were happily killing trash near them - not mercs, the actual toons).

I did kill it and did not feel bad.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and kizant like this.
  13. Sazxus New Member

Getting a decent XP camp in the great divide with a named in it is like winning the lottery on bertoxxulous. There are unattended warping bot groups in every camp, in every instance, nearly 24/7 . They looks like a bunch of drunk mercenary's trying to play the game by themselves. It's a bit discouraging that its so widely accepted now, by other players, and the current game owners. I don't spend a great deal of time in eastern waste, but when i was questing there, and doing hunter the situation was the same.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Completely fair that folks not overreact. Also fair to figure they have had some bad experiences if they are reacting that way. Most of my encounters that happen at all usually involve folks mentioning they are nearby for a quest or me doing the same. Any time I am sitting near someone's camp for any period of time I let them know why I am doing it. Just common courtesy.

Its been many months since I accidentally aggo'd another person's mob. Hopefully it's not something you have to deal with very often.
    Tucoh likes this.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If someone is afk for a long period of time (afk and not autokilling) they should accept that they should give up there camp if anyone shows up. As for auto killing they just should not be doing it.

I guess the debate is the time period. If I see someone at a camp I would do likewise and see what they are pulling and I generally give them 15 minutes (on a timer) after their mobs are back up though I am more likely to must move on if I see someone sitting anywhere. Last time I encountered someone I knew was autokilling in a camp I wanted it was at least 5 years ago and they soon ended up in a death loop and I just watched. But from what I hear this happens to folks a lot now.

If I am going afk for more then a couple minutes I usually have a campfire set so I clickie to guild hall then campfire back, check if anyone has taken the camp and if not continue on. Occasionally if in a safe spot I sit in the camp while afk then come back and see if anyone has taken it over or not. If not I resume my camp. I do realize others feel that they can go afk for as long as they want or whenever they want and expect it to still be their camp. My opinion is that is unreasonable.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I feel for you guys and don't know why daybreak lets that stuff continue.
    Tucoh likes this.
  17. Razorfall Augur

True, but that language is still ambiguous enough to where it can be interpreted as "I can use X automation software for automation if I'm not AFK". To me it's clear what the intent is, but there's always someone who brings up the "I'm not AFK so what's the BFD" argument in these types of threads.

The terms for Rizlona specifically states that automation isn't allowed. Whether or not Y Boxing Software is counted as automation is really up to daybreak/darkpaw, but it doesn't appear to be the case.

I would like for no automation to the be specifically mentioned in the EULA/ToS for all servers, but it seems to be pretty tough to enforce this with Daybreak/Darkpaw's resources.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

A simple way to handle afk botters, could be to just automatically disconnect anyone from the server after they have been online for 20 hours, and not allow them to connect again until 6 hours have passed. They don't even have to check for programs or observe the player.
    NO-ONE can be actively playing for more than 20 hours and still be human(or if they are, then they need to take a long nap anyway).

They are already enforcing that in china afaik, but for shorter intervals, so it is probably easy to implement.

It would probably solve the queue-problems for the new TLP-servers too...

...and the "lagpiles" on high population servers...
  19. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

That was a confusing response?... :confused:

Have you ever lasted more than 20 hours on an uninterrupted gaming-session?

Hmm, I stand corrected: https://www.wired.co.uk/article/videogame-marathon
    I still think it is a good idea though...

edit: just realized that 40 hour camps is till a thing on some servers(p99). so extend that timelimit to 40 hours, longer than that and we risk seeing players die...:eek: