'Unknown error' trying to connect to servers....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Angahran Augur

Still appear to be server issues.
    Getting the really helpful 'unknown error' trying to connect to bertox.
    Have run patcher.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Was able to finally get in.

I play in windowed mode and found my EQ window resized, anyone else have that happen once you can get back in?
  3. Angahran Augur

Had that on one account several months ago. Changed it back ingame but it keeps reverting.
    It's really aggravating :(
  4. Hitty Augur

Backup always your ini files. I discovered that after modifying the GUI via the ini. I had stupid bugs and meanwhile I assume that if the client does not has stable connect to the server then it can happen that he bugs out the ini-files. This can cause the wildest effects, from lag to lost names, wrong resolutions, changes in video modes up to constant crashes. After making an ini completely new, optimizing the whole gui (windows, bags etc) and editing manual via editor all relevant stuff, esp. resolutions, which are still not fixed to resolutions like HD. I simply copied the ini back with the class-relevant modifications and since then I have always a fresh and running system. If it crashes somehow - simply logout and move your backup to the EQ-directory and login again. Especially if the account is 10+ years old and has been never reinstalled then very old crap is present which can produce strange results sometimes.

It reminds me on typical problems in Unity too - games with this developer system have sometimes the same issues esp. with 1920x1080.

I know there is a function for loading the gui but it does not load it completely with the buttons and resolution I want to have - for that it is simply not reliable enough. And if I make a new toon then I simply copy a fresh ini with the respective changes in names and I have a complete usable character without the need of endless time wasted for configuration.

If you have no clue simply delete them and EQ will renew them.
  5. Angahran Augur

There is a long standing bug with the /copylayout command where it randomly ignores the button scaling on random hotbars. So, if you had set a tiny hotbar (e.g. made the size 50%) it copies and sets it at 100%.

Has been mentioned and reported countless times.