Universal Chat crash within minutes of logging in and/or zoning issue fix?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Stinkur, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Stinkur New Member

Is Daybreak ever going to address and fix the universal chat crash? I lose access to general chat, OOC chat and player created guild class channels that many people use for communicating sometimes within a few minutes of logging in.
    Beyond annoying at this point of how this interrupts various methods of communication. I have scoured the forums for solutions and so far no one has come up with any ideas that work other then zoning sometimes fixes it for a very brief period of time which does not work at all as a solution when you are trying to raid within your guild and need to communicate with certain groups in order to keep other channels clean, like guild and raid chat(which work fine).
    Nennius likes this.
  2. Zzar New Member

I have the same issue and so do others Daybreak is refusing to even acknowledge the issue let alone fix it
  3. Stinkur New Member

well then /bump to keep up top, it is annoying missing important raid talk for specific class created channels and then missing sometimes other stuff like general chat. Be nice to know XYZ is rotting somewhere to go loot it for my character, endless examples I'm sure others can list to.
  4. Stinkur New Member

bump till Daybreak fixes issue affecting hundreds of users or till I get 1 krono a week till fixed applied retroactive, I am owed about 8 krono at the least.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Fantasy land? Anyway, it is good to dream. The chat channels have had issues since they went live. Either the problems are beyond Daybreak's capacity to fix or it isn't a priority. And it it is a pain.
  6. Stinkur New Member

LOL, ya was kidding, I know they don't care about such trivial things as working chat systems and more about raking in the cash, long as something doesnt affect everyone it will continue being an issue. One can hope though.
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Jedis Arch Mage

Not saying this is your issue, but your ISP can be the cause, too. When I play on my T-Mobile or AT&T hotspot connection, UCS frequently disconnects. If I use my Verizon or AT&T fiber connections, it works just fine.
  8. Stinkur New Member

I have business class with one of the top major internet providers, never use hot spot or wifi for gaming, but interesting about ISP potential issue, my bet DB will just blame that so they don't have to do anything rather than actually looking into a solution. I guess they don't mind losing out on sales of krono because people can't see loot rot in general chat being offered for krono.
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm