Uncaught Item bugs?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tegila, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Tegila Augur

since there's no fine print like there is with cultural armor/symbols/seals, is it known that there's a little inconsistency with the fact taht Transcendent weapon augs are lesser than Numinous weapon augs?

Transcendent Nimble Symbol of the Skeptic
    53 damage, 28 ac, 850hps 10 attack 12 to stats 22 to resistes, etc etc

Numinous Nimble Symbol of the Skeptic:
    52 damage, 25ac, 925hp, 13attack 15 to stats 22 resists etc etc

yes its kinda give and take but all around it doesnt make much sense. 1 more damage 3 more ac 2 more to resists (which dont matter these days) to 75hps, 3 more attack etc. its up some down some but as a 5 level increase the stats seem a bit out of whack
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Since damage is really the only stat of worth on the weapon, it really doesn't matter. I just made this last night for myself and noticed that a couple of things went down (the ones you mentioned and a couple mod2s). Other mod2s went up slightly. Clairvoyance went down as well (on the pair, in a knight 1hs), but I don't much care for that stat either.

I am just glad that the raw weapon got more damage as well; looking over the upgrade from normal group weapons in this expansion, the cultural knight 1hs fares a little better than other weapons that drop from t2 mobs in terms of overall upgrade.
  3. Yraen_EMarr Journeyman

You have to consider more than just the Symbol's stats. I only compared one weapon (1h pierce rapier), but the Regal version had ~400 HP more than the Glorious one. Even with a 75 HP loss on the Symbol, that's still a 325 HP gain.
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

Hit points are not really a factor; these are knight/melee weapons we are talking about here. Unless you are looking at two weapons of identical damage and dps ratio, I can't imagine anyone actually looks at the hit points as a determining factor of which weapon to use.