Unable to vote on several accounts on Vulak Aerr

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kukgrol, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Kukgrol Elder

I am unable to vote on the current vote to unlock the next expansion on Vulak Aerr. My family and I have several accounts, and we are getting the same problem on all of them:

When we go to the Priest of Discord in Plane of Knowledge, we hail him. He gives text script that includes highlight for 'Vote'. We select vote, and it opens up the current vote window. The window has a description that correctly says "Do you want to unlock the next expansion "Seeds of Desctruction..."

When I click my vote, and say submit, I get a red text error message that says "There was an issue with recording your vote. Please try again later."

All of the characters have been level 80 for several months, meeting the requirement to vote. This happens on several different accounts, so different characters. It happened Friday, Saturday, and today, Sunday.

Please check and correct this asap, since the vote is only open for a short period of time, and we need time to vote properly before it closes. It affects our entire server population since the vote determines when / if the next expansion unlocks.

I submitted a petition on this issue, but was told by Senior GM Malovari that they can't do anything and i should /bug it and post on the boards here.

Thanks for your help.
  2. Tealc New Member

I am having this problem as well. Please delay the vote on Vulak until this is addressed. We should have at least a week to vote after the vote system has been fixed.
  3. Willnec New Member

I can't vote on Vulak either. I get the same message listed above. Tech support says they can confirm the bug. Can you please confirm the vote will be delayed until everyone is able to vote ?
  4. Vaunu New Member

I can't vote correctly either. I get the same error message. We were told to post on the forums and get someone to delay the vote until the bug is fixed and we have time to vote. Can someone please confirm that is being done ?
  5. Wendella New Member

My vote gets an error as well and won't take. It just says "There was an issue..." This has been reported as a bug, and tech support confirms they can re-recreate the problem. Can someone at SOE confirm the vote will be delayed until the vote is fixed and people have time to vote ? That seems like the right thing to do, ensure everyone that is eligible is allowed to vote before it closes.
  6. Tinok New Member

Is the vote going to be extended until I can vote ? My vote fails too per the bug above.
  7. Rozak New Member

Delay vote please until vote is fixed. Per 'Justin' in tech support on the phone, posting here. My vote won't process either.
  8. Linadar New Member

Another one that can't vote. Please fix vote and delay the tally until I'm given a chance to vote. Thanks !
  9. Grodyn New Member

Another gold account that can't vote. Please be sure to delay vote until after I get a chance to vote.
  10. Hopster New Member

Can someone please confirm the vote is going to be delayed until the vote is fixed ? It's pretty frustrating to try to vote and have the system tell you "No sorry, try again." And every time you try it doesn't work. It's been a reported bug and confirmed by GM and tech support.
  11. udds New Member

Vote is a pretty big deal, can someone please confirm I will have the chance to vote before it closes ? I get the same error listed above, the known bug reported.
  12. Leonydas New Member

Can someone delay the vote until it's working properly please ? Been waiting months for the vote to work properly and want to be sure I am given the chance to vote. I can't for the same reason the bug listed above.
  13. Rolloe New Member

Please don't close the vote on Vulak until we've had the opportunity to vote. Some of us have been trying to vote for over a week. But after doing /report and /bug and posting here the vote isn't fixed. We understand it can take time to fix things, we just want the opportunity to vote before it's closed. Whenever it's fixed.
  14. Farigo New Member

Can someone ensure the vote is delayed? We have been having trouble with this for a week, and gone through all the steps to address it. We just want to be able to vote and have it count. I can't vote either of course, which is why I'm posting here, based on what tech support told us.
  15. Kukgrol Elder

- Update somehow after a 1hour + phone call to SOE tech support, and a 30 minute chat session with same last night, and being told by both that "They can't do anything for me, and can't even contact the development people involved" and that my only solution is to post on the forums and do a /bug (which I had done a week ago) the vote tool got fixed ! Amazing...

It's working as intended (c) now... Thanks for fixing it. No need to delay the vote now as far as I'm concerned.