Unable To Start Game

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Rayzr, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Rayzr New Member

Hello
    First time playing Everquest. Spent the past 4-5 hours installing the update / patch / whatever you want to call it. I opened the game and selected a server (Vox, also tried opening other servers), and the game began running.The music started and a picture comes up for a good second or two before the game closes and that's it. Poof. Nothing. I open the game back up and try getting in and it says I have a character signed in already, but I open my task manager and the game isn't open at all.
    Really starting to bother me. Wanted to play with my GF after the 4-5 hours installing everything ( She still has to do it, too! ) and this happens, stalling our playtime until tomorrow.
    Any help with this?
  2. Sarkaukar Augur

1. System specs - If using a netbook/tablet then likely severe issues.
    2. Temp disable firewall/antivirus
    3. For the first few times, make sure EQ shortcut/Launchpad.exe is set with Admin permission. Right click on shortcut, properties, compat tab, Check Run as Admin
    4. Before hitting Play on Launchpad, click on Advanced tools lower left corner (cog wheel). Click on Game Configuration (basic start up, ya be able to make further adjustments once in game via Alt O shortcut). Run through game config, setting resolution to 1024x768. Once in game, the Alt O, Display Tab, video button and set to system's native resolution.
  3. Rayzr New Member

I am using a netbook, but my gf is using the exact same netbook and hers runs fine. Starts up and everything. The only problem is that she can't find the 'start' button on the character creation screen, only the Create Heroic button where we have to pay for a level 85? character.

No dice. I've set the resolution to several different settings and I always get the same outcome.
    I downloaded the game from the website, but It seems my GF has the CD laying around. Would that help if I were to reinstall?
    Also, when I get into the server selection screen, it says I have 19 of 21 expansions. Is that the problem?
  4. Rayzr New Member

Sorry for the double post, but I figured it would be worth noting that the game doesn't go Fullscreen at any point or time. It's always windowed no matter what resolution I set it to.
  5. Sarkaukar Augur

What netbook? Details, details, details are necessary. Hopefully ya running Microsoft Surface Pro xx which means ya only fubar the system resolution. What resolutions are each of you running your netbooks?

Disks are no go. For your system, at launchpad pad, advanced tools, open game directory and delete eqclient.ini (likely only see eqclient as that is the default system setting).

On hers, so it is only showing part of the character screen, everything at and above the Upgrade Character for Heroic?

Have her Alt enter, changing the game from Full Screen to Windowed Mode or back.

[IMG]

Is she able to screen down the screen, causing the image to move up?

Ok, again, what netbooks are you both using and what system resolutions do you have them both set to? (just in case ya skipped the 2nd request) :)