Unable to get to server select

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Greymantle, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Fyta New Member

Same problem. It would be really nice if the dev's would at least respond to this thread instead of ignoring it. Maybe it would feel like we had some customer service for once.. Just another reason to cancel my accounts.. getting fed up with this crap.
  2. DrAxe Journeyman

Yup, just tried logging in this morning again, and still can not, and still no comment or response form dev management. Really kicking myself for returning to this game ATM, starting to feel like I reboarded a rapidly sinking ship.
  3. Malbro Augur

I had the black screen trying to get to the server select and on my second try, it timed out and gave me the old log in screen. I entered my password and it went to the server select but it took about a minute for the servers to show up. I was then able to get to the character select screen and from there into the game.
  4. Hostile Meat Wizard Elder

Yep, I also have the same issue -- can't get to server select. I hit the "Play" button on the launcher, screen goes black for 30 seconds, then it just says "Error - timeout occurred." Sometimes I can't even get that far; it will stay black for a good minute or so then just go back to a login screen and give a generic connection error (A connection to the server could not be reached blah blah blah) when I try to exit.

Looks like this has been happening to quite a few people for 16 hours or so and no acknowledgement from DBG yet. That's nice.

EDIT: I managed to get to the Server Select screen ONCE after trying to login for an hour or so. It recognizes that I own 21/21 expansions, but the server list is completely blank and play/quick connect buttons are greyed out (stayed this way for 5 minutes or so before I gave up). Clicked "chat" button and got timeout message. Logged out and now I'm just back to the previous timeout error message.

EDIT 2: I've also tried what the previous poster said worked for him -- logging in via the old login screen. It didn't work. Just stayed frozen at the "logging in..." message for several minutes until I lost patience.

EDIT 3: EVENTUAL SUCCESS! I turned my DSL modem off for a few minutes and got a new IP address & gateway (verified through router) and was immediately able to login to a full server select screen. I hit quick connect, mashed the button to kick my offline trader, and then promptly got the "timeout occurred" error. Hit quick connect again and it froze at the "Please wait while logged in character is removed" message for a few minutes until I closed the window. Tried logging in again and this time I got to the character select screen and was able to log my character in.
  5. IHeartEurope New Member

and here i was about to renew sub in light of the coming progession server. seeing that cs hasn't changed in 15 years i pass on it...
  6. Iila Augur

I got that, waited a few minutes (tabbed out) and when I checked back, the server list had populated.
  7. Morgoth Elder

Has anyone from Daybreak acknowledged that they have a problem with the log in server and are working on it?

I have 6 accounts and 6 different computers. I haven't been able to log into any of them for the past 16 hours.

Daybreak response please.
  8. Perplexed Augur

This has been my experience for last 2 days, log in and "Server Select" is black. After waiting anywhere from 15 sec. to 5 min. "server Select" list suddenly pops up.
  9. Roshen Brand Manager

Hey guys,

We're working on this now.

Since it doesn't seem to be affecting all players, any additional information you can share is helpful!
  10. Faltaran New Member

Finally some acknowledgement from DGB. Better late than never.

From the technical side:

Login through launcher and get black screen.
    After approximate 30 seconds, message reading "Unable to connect to server"
    Old login screen appears
    Attempt to login using old login screen, times out.
  11. DrAxe Journeyman

Your just now working on it, almost 24 hours later?

Well hers whats happening to me, a logged off last night to fix some lag, tried logging back in and can NOT. last night all it kept doing was getting stuck at old log in, saying its logging in, but never went any farther. once I did get it to server list, but it was empty for several minutes, so I tried again, could not get there again.

Now this morning same thing, though I did get to select once, and servers all showed up, but would not go any further.
  12. Gru_Pikeys Journeyman

All of a sudden i wont get a server select. Yesterday all was fine.

* System accepts username / password on several accounts.
    * Will get 'error occured' after about 30 sec a minute.
    * Can retry but no luck.
    * Sometimes i managed to get a populated server list. But selecting one gave me a time out. Retrying just makes it fail again.
    * Tried from several IP adresses via VPN so not much to do with location / ip / account blocks ?
  13. Gru_Pikeys Journeyman

I just got in via VPN connection via Prague to the AB server. Totally random? Made it to char select OMG! I dont wanna know about the ping :/
  14. Willox New Member

Same issues, I left one of my accounts logged in for about 24 hours now but i had this issue yesterday and going on today. My one account is still online but i still cannot log into my other two accounts as of last night around 7-8 pm cst. I can patch but cannot make it to server select screen
  15. Yara_AB Augur

if it helps: i traced it down to eqlplogin1.everquest.com not responding (properly).
    Well - it rarely sends ping replies and wireshark tells me that the game-client continues to send the same request over and over and over again.
    Could be that something over there at level3 in vegas is blocking traffic or it is your own datacenter (if not the server / process itself).

It started about 20 hours ago (at least from what I can tell - could even be longer). If you were logged in at the time you could continue to play, zone, ... just logging out and back in (or logging in another account) did not work.

The patcher itself runs ok - it is the gameclient that doesn't get responses from the server it seems.
    Sometimes it times out quickly - and then you can have it sitting and wait for a very long time.

eq2 (to us server of course): no problems.

Adding some tech info. Occasionally the level3.net appliances in LA time out, too, but it gets really nasty once we get to eqlplogin1.everquest.com.

Code:
    >tracert eqlplogin1.everquest.com

Routenverfolgung zu eqlplogin1.everquest.com [64.37.148.27] über maximal 30 Hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  privatehost [privateip]
      2    18 ms    18 ms    18 ms  secrethost
      3    18 ms    18 ms    18 ms  87.190.161.?
      4    21 ms    21 ms    21 ms  217.239.52.86
      5    21 ms    35 ms    21 ms  62.157.250.74
      6   202 ms   200 ms     *     ae-4-90.edge6.LosAngeles1.Level3.net [4.69.144.206]
      7   201 ms     *      199 ms  ae-4-90.edge6.LosAngeles1.Level3.net [4.69.144.206]
      8   213 ms   213 ms   217 ms  vl862.sdtermswitch-2.sonyonline.net [63.212.173.146]
      9   219 ms   219 ms   217 ms  vl82.sdtermsw-2.sonyonline.net [64.37.128.25]
     10     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
     11     *      217 ms     *     eqlplogin1.everquest.com [64.37.148.27]
     12   216 ms     *        *     eqlplogin1.everquest.com [64.37.148.27]
     13     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
     14     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
     15     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
     16     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
     17     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
     18     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
     19     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
     20     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
     21     *      209 ms     *     eqlplogin1.everquest.com [64.37.148.27]
     22     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
     23   205 ms     *        *     eqlplogin1.everquest.com [64.37.148.27]
     24     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
     25     *      210 ms     *     eqlplogin1.everquest.com [64.37.148.27]
     26     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
     27     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
     28     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
     29     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
     30     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.

Ablaufverfolgung beendet.

Code:
    >pathping eqlplogin1.everquest.com

Routenverfolgung zu "eqlplogin1.everquest.com" [64.37.148.27] über maximal 30 Hops:
      0  privatehost [privateip]
      1  privatehost [privateip]
      2  secretip
      3  87.190.161.?
      4  217.239.52.86
      5  62.157.250.74
      6  ae-4-90.edge6.LosAngeles1.Level3.net [4.69.144.206]
      7  ae-4-90.edge6.LosAngeles1.Level3.net [4.69.144.206]
      8  vl862.sdtermswitch-2.sonyonline.net [63.212.173.146]
      9  vl82.sdtermsw-2.sonyonline.net [64.37.128.25]
     10     *        *        *
    Berechnung der Statistiken dauert ca. 225 Sekunden...
                Quelle zum Abs.  Knoten/Verbindung
    Abs. Zeit   Verl./Ges.=   %  Verl./Ges.=   %  Adresse
      0                                           privatehost [privateip]
                                    0/ 100 =  0%   |
      1    0ms     0/ 100 =  0%     0/ 100 =  0%  privatehost [privateip]
                                    0/ 100 =  0%   |
      2   17ms     0/ 100 =  0%     0/ 100 =  0%  secretip
                                    0/ 100 =  0%   |
      3   18ms     0/ 100 =  0%     0/ 100 =  0%  87.190.161.?
                                    0/ 100 =  0%   |
      4   23ms     0/ 100 =  0%     0/ 100 =  0%  217.239.52.86
                                    7/ 100 =  7%   |
      5  ---     100/ 100 =100%    93/ 100 = 93%  62.157.250.74
                                    0/ 100 =  0%   |
      6  ---     100/ 100 =100%    93/ 100 = 93%  ae-4-90.edge6.LosAngeles1.Level3.net [4.69.144.206]
                                    0/ 100 =  0%   |
      7  ---     100/ 100 =100%    93/ 100 = 93%  ae-4-90.edge6.LosAngeles1.Level3.net [4.69.144.206]
                                    0/ 100 =  0%   |
      8  214ms     8/ 100 =  8%     1/ 100 =  1%  vl862.sdtermswitch-2.sonyonline.net [63.212.173.146]
                                    0/ 100 =  0%   |
      9  199ms     7/ 100 =  7%     0/ 100 =  0%  vl82.sdtermsw-2.sonyonline.net [64.37.128.25]

Ablaufverfolgung beendet.

bloodbeard likes this.
  16. Stom New Member

I have tried to long in also. Launcher takes the username with password i.e. going from Play to Playing then in about 30 sec to 1 min it shows the old launcher for Username "filled in" Password blank and Play and Quick Connect buttons. In front of the launcher is a dialog box with " Error - A timeout occurred" If you press "OK" and type in your password in the old launcher it just sites there with a dialog box saying "Logging in to the server. Please wait..." and never completes. 3 different PCs and 3 different accounts all the same.
  17. Kuvian Lorekeeper

No login here at 11:50 am PDT, and I'm 120 miles north of the old SOE offices where the servers are.

I've often wondered, will I finally quit and walk away, or do I have to wait for the game to be run into the ground and die before I finally give it up. I guess it will be the latter, and it will be soon.
  18. Pinecone Journeyman

Were you unbanned Iila? So far I haven't been but someone else I know was on both of her accounts from the same incident.
  19. Kuvian Lorekeeper

Dude where's my server?

[IMG]
    Elricvonclief and Iila like this.
  20. Iila Augur

I did get unbanned.
    Mintalie and Pinecone like this.