Unable to consume Krono

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Katharsis, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Katharsis New Member

When trying to consume a krono to renew my subscription nothing happens. The krono quantity shows 0 for a couple seconds then goes back to the previous amount. No error message or anything.
    Tutankamen and maxis2 like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are you using a custom UI?

Have you logged all the way out and back in?

Where did you get the krono? Did they take it back?

And finally under account management where it shows account history you can look and see your past purchases which will show your krono getting consumed if it was. Just in case this is a error in the display in game.
  3. Katharsis New Member

Thanks for the answer, the Kronos I have all come from the Bazaar I like to keep a few around. When I click it nothing happens (checked the Account History thing you mentioned and it doesn't show there either).

I'm curious whether it's a problem with my account or other people are having the same issue. I pay with kronos almost every month and never had this issue before :/
  4. Conq Augur

I had this happen to me two days ago. I was able to log out, ran patcher and logged back in to find the krono count correct and was once again All Access.
    Conq
  5. Katharsis New Member

Still haven't been able to consume a Krono (I was able to before). It's strange, not even the server maintenance on Wednesday has fixed it :/

I've got an ongoing ticket, still waiting for resolution
  6. Krim New Member

same problem with me, I had to use a credit card to get the account active Krono would not work.
  7. Krim New Member

been doing some talking / research with friends in discord. Seems like high krono accounts may be the issue? 100+
  8. maxis2 New Member

I have 1 single krono on my account, and I'm not able to consume, so it isn't only high krono accounts. I purchased this krono from the marketplace, so I'm about to chargeback for defective item.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This would result in your account being banned.

Since you are able to consume krono on your other accounts then it is not the krono that is defective. (per your other post)
  10. maxis2 New Member

I wouldn't be in a worse situation than now, as I can't access my TLP characters (which is where I play). And then I would at least get my money back.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So you have a character on a live server for that account that your tying to claim the krono on?
  12. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

It seems like filing a support ticket would be a more reasonable path to a solution. How badly do you really want to re-activate your account if you are willing to eat a perma-ban to charge back $18 dollars?
  13. maxis2 New Member

Correct
  14. maxis2 New Member

I've done this already. However, the support in 4 days so far has been "try again" or "try it on a live server" each day. Of course I tried it on a live server--how else would I be trying it if my membership had lapsed. I would love to have my account back, but it's ridiculous that this company is selling a product which doesn't work and that is taking over half a week to resolve.
  15. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Are they selling a product that doesn't work? Or did one item you purchased from them not work, while everything else you get from them does? I get it, it's frustrating, but this isn't the latest highly funded shiny thing. This is Everquest, the 21 year old game that some of us are amazed is still running.

It's your money and your account, you can do what you want, but most people aren't aware of how DPG handles chargebacks so it's common practice around here to point it out. Some people don't want to lose their accounts and just don't know. If you make that choice with that knowledge then so be it.

You said in the other thread that the krono itself wasn't the problem, you could trade and consume it. So you have an account problem, and probably not one that first level support is going to be able to fix. They should be escalating it, and hopefully it will get fixed soon. I'm just saying that if you are ready to permanently bail on an account over not being able to access it for a week, that seems a bit "nuke it from orbit" over something frustrating but not likely permanent.
  16. Tutankamen Augur

Do NOT keep trying - I just handed my alt a krono and kept trying to click it. I kept getting red text saying that The Krono was not successfully consumed. The last time I clicked it- it disappeared, and I still have no All Access. I logged out and back in after waiting, and the krono is now at 0- no gold membership. Needless to say- I'm pissed. This should not be possible.
  17. Tutankamen Augur

Do NOT keep trying - I just handed my alt a krono and kept trying to click it. I kept getting red text saying that The Krono was not successfully consumed. The last time I clicked it- it disappeared, and I still have no All Access. I logged out and back in after waiting, and the krono is now at 0- no gold membership. Needless to say- I'm pissed. This should not be possible.