Um hello.... new player here!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Coop500, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Coop500 New Member

So uh, only kind of heard of this game, not a huge veteran in MMORPGs but not totally lost either.

Basically though I wonder, is there anything a new player like me should know before I dive head first into this?
  2. moogs Augur

Hi and welcome.

Apart from selecting a server? Nope. Go in blind, be prepared to read a lot, and come back here when you hit a roadblock. EQ is as fast or slow paced as you want it to be. To get the most out of it, you'll need to refer to a lot of external resources. You'll have the best experience if you can convince one or two friends to start out with you, otherwise you can probably link up with another new or returning player here. Every week there are people here that are looking for someone to team up with, so I'd definitely recommend saying hello and seeing who's in the same boat and is available to play on the same schedule.
    MonkNaround likes this.
  3. Eldrian Augur

My best advice is try one of the Free servers first. Roll a character of each class and go through the tutorial to get a feel for what you would like best. Once you have decided that then roll up on one of the Progression servers and get started. You must have a paid account to play on TLP servers but it's worth the minor expense. New players are always welcomed and it won't take long to find a group of new friends to hook up with.

If you decide to roll on Lockjaw feel free to look me up anytime, Eldrian.
  4. Telvanus Journeyman

You may want to try one of the progression servers for your first time. The Live servers have so many zones and places to go, you will rarely see other people leveling at first; at least this was my experience last time I tried a live server. Agnarr is only on the third expansion, so there are lots of people all over the place everywhere. Much better in the first few dozen levels.