UI Files???

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by SelketSapphire, Jan 25, 2013.

1. SelketSapphire Journeyman

After taking some time away from EQ I decided to pop back on and have a play around. However upon re-installation I find that I cannot get the new downloaded EQ to access UI files even if I drop them in the EverQuest directory.

Please help, I HATE the look of the default skin and really want to use another one.
    Where do I have to put the new file to make it accessible when I go to load the skin in game???

PS: Yes I came back as a gold member :p
  2. Khat_Nip Meow

In the root directory of your EQ installation will be a directory called uifiles. There will already be a directory within called default. This is where the stock UI files are located.

Create a new directory in the uifiles directory, naming it what you wish. eg., C:\Everquest\uifiles\newui and then copy the contents of your new UI into that newui folder.

After you get EQ loaded and you are in game, type /loadskin in the chatbox, highlight newui, and click the [Load Skin] button. After a few moments your new UI will be in effect.

*The name newui can be anything you wish as I'm just using it as an example.

ADD: One thing to note. Any parts of a custom UI that aren't present will automatically use the one from default. For example, If part of your new UI doesn't contain the files for the compass, the stock ones that come with EQ will be used for the compass, from that \default directory.
  3. SelketSapphire Journeyman

Have dropped the file in next to the "default" folder. I am still unable to load the skin.
    The /loadskin command in game does not detect the new folder :(
  4. SelketSapphire Journeyman

Since re-installing my "default" folder is located as such... Program files > Sony > Station > Launchpad > Skins > default

For some reason there is no UI Folder in my new installation :(
    I have no idea what to do to make this work right!
  5. SelketSapphire Journeyman

The way you have described above is what I used to do, but since reinstalling its all different!
  6. jarsh92 Elder

Your in the wrong directory. What was described to you was how it use to be installed or possible a custom install. Now the default is c:\users\public\sony online entertainment\installed games\Everquest\uifiles

Check that path to see if you can find it there.

Also, if you are on Windows 7 you can search for "uifiles" under the start button and it will take you right there.
  7. Khat_Nip Meow

To be sure you are in the correct directory start up EQ normally but on the first screen that comes up (patcher file check) click the gears icon on the bottom left and then choose Open Game Directory. This will open up the root directory of your Everquest install in the file explorer. You should see the uifiles directory listed there.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. SelketSapphire Journeyman