UI elements moving after relog.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Tinyfeet, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Tinyfeet Elder

I play with multiple monitors (primary 2560x1440 and secondary 1920x1080) using the /viewport command to render the game on the primary monitor only

/viewport 0 0 2560 1420 1

I was reorganizing a few things on my UI and now when I relog several elements reposition themselves.

My aura window, EQ button, one chat window, and my long term buff windows refuse to stay put and move each time I relog.

Any help would be appreciated... having to move 4 pieces of my UI every time I log in gets tiresome, and I don't really want to just move them somewhere else in hopes they'll stay put (seems to only be a problem near the right side of my screen) because my layout is nice and clean as it currently is.

Thanks for your help.
  2. Riou EQResource

How are you relogging? I believe only a camp will save ui
  3. Tinyfeet Elder

I should have posted that info, sorry, first thing I tried after the first time I had to move everything around was /camp and waited the full duration, logged completely out to desktop in that manner. Didn't work, same problem.

I've also tried comparing window locations in the UI ini files between one character (with correct layout) and another character (with after-relog wrong layout) but the XY locations are the same in the files. I'm assuming this is because the INI file doesn't update in real time like you said, so even though the windows are in different spots it shows them in the same place.

This has plagued me for months, but I compromised the first time and just moved things into a place they didn't mess up, this time I'd like to solve the issue and make my UI look how I want it.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

lock each window? right click each one where it is and choose lock. just an idea.