UI Bug

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Xoodee, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Xoodee New Member

This bug popped up before about 3-4 expansions ago and was fixed/adjusted. It's been around for a while again.

There seems to be a limit of how many bag slots can be on the screen at the same time. If you hard code these into bank and inventory windows to make access quicker without the need to actually open any bags, when you do open bags after a certain amount slots will not be shown.

This can be seen in the screen shot below. First few bags show all slots, but later bags become black.

[IMG]

Would be nice if this could be fixed. I use EVO III UI available on EQInterface if you want to replicate this.

Thanks!
  2. Caell Augur

This is most likely an issue with the UI, and won't be something the devs can correct. You are better off asking the UI creator to fix their UI or download one that doesn't have this issue.
  3. Xoodee New Member

I am the creator and it's not an issue with the custom UI, of course removing the always shown bag slots in either bank window or inventory window allows you to see more or all of normal bag window slots, but again this is the issue with some sort of hard limit of how many bag slots can be on screen at the same time.

Would like some Dev to respond to this at some point.
  4. JChan Developer

It's a bug and it's not limited to this particular custom UI. I recall that this bug has been in for "a while" unfortunately we haven't been able to track down what's causing it.

Since I can't remember if this affects the default UI, will someone confirm that this is or is not happening in the default UI as well?

Edit: Oh I see that this is only happening in custom UIs in the post from the Op.

Edit Again: Tested this using the default UI and it seems that has the problem as well.
  5. Xoodee New Member

Looks like the limit of how many slots can be visible is 1665 (that's 10 inventory bags x40 plus 24 bank x40, 4 shared x40) and whatever I can see from open bag windows. If I remove certain amount of these "always on" bag slots, I can see more/all normal slots in bag window.

Code I'm using to show bag slots is like this

<InvSlot item="BB10_Slot16">
    <ScreenID>BB10_Slot16</ScreenID>
    <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
    <Background>A_RecessedBox</Background>
    <EQType>inventory/Bank 10/16</EQType>
    </InvSlot>

Just tested by removing a random 10 of these from the code. This made 10 more slots visible when I open all the bags. So it definitely looks like there is some sort of max limit set somewhere. 1665 is too big for a char and too small for a short so hopefully easy enough to fix.
  6. JChan Developer

The more I investigate this, this definitely looks to be a memory issue somewhere. Internally, we're getting capped at 1273 using the default UI.
  7. Lighteningrod Augur

Oh my, I would love to see a resolution to this!
  8. JChan Developer

I don't want to get people's hopes up on this one. To give a frame of reference, we've been looking at this issue on and off since 2010. What we do know now is that it's related to memory and not a hard cap related to the drawing of icons. (So NOTa simple number somewhere that someone decided to only allow us to draw 1500 item slots.)

Additionally, when in this state UI textures just stop drawing. We've seen that once the issue is hit any containers or item inspect windows that we open after that simply just stop drawing anything except for the text in the title bar.
  9. Kravitz Augur

One issue that seems to occur with custom UI's (I use Drakah's Old), sometimes after zoning or getting a rez (both from zoning or ghost state) the mana/hp/endurace bars dispaly incorrectly for group members. The only fix is targeting the group member effected, and it updates to the correct values. This problem occurs more often with mercenaries, but is not exclusive to them.

There have been posts of from others in the past regarding this issue, on the forum. Will have to dig them up if I can find them..