UDB spawning in main pick only

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Spooky, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Spooky Augur

Move it back to every pick. This is ridiculous. I'm sure the bards will be happy to be banished to the wrong zone in exchange for removing this unnecessary chokepoint. You fixed a bug by screwing every bard in the game.

What if Ragefire turnin mob was up every 18 hours after each turnin? And only in main pick? Why such a stupid bottleneck when Phinny's success is 100% due to instanced raiding/zones?

The bard epic is tough enough as-is relative to others. Please devs, just remove this one.
  2. -wycca Augur

The bard spawns multiple times a day and pops a mob that can be killed with like 2 groups. You get rewarded with a trak drop when you kill it.

There's plenty of other epics that are more difficult. I don't think this is a major issue.
  3. Miss Shortcake Elder

i can name a few shadowknights in tox who would like to ask you to off.
    ElaidaTL likes this.
  4. Poydras Augur

That BP is part of the problem. RMT'ers are farming spawned trak. Perhaps they should make it a rare drop or just take it out.
    I don't agree with this at all. Maybe a couple. White and red scales are hard enough to get already.
  5. Spooky Augur

Then make UDB not KOS to Trakanon, and be sure he spawns in instances.

One per week, and requires actually killing real trak first.
  6. Kiani Augur

Epics are full of unnecessary choke points.

On Ragefire, undead bard used to spawn in every pick. They changed that so that it only spawns in base pick, now. I assume because it was being farmed for BPs. I doubt they'll change it back.
  7. Spooky Augur

No, they changed it because there was a bug where he banished to the main zone. Instead of fixing that, they removed him from other picks.
  8. Finley Augur

They really should be adding a lot of spawns to the expeditions (Broken Golem, Shissar, VS remains, Undead Bard, etc).
    Gemdiver likes this.
  9. Tudadar Augur

I dont really see them allowing 10-14 or more UDB traks to spawn for free bp's after they removed that from ragefire

If a epic mob spawning at least once a day isnt enough for bards im sure they can buy the multi
  10. Kiani Augur

On Ragefire at least, it's regularly farmed for BPs - just ask the guild doing it, I'm sure if it's not an RMT, they'll be happy for you to loot the drop.
  11. Poydras Augur

Take out the BP obviously. That loot is too good for a non-motm fight anyway.
  12. -wycca Augur

I know in TL we regularly let other guilds bards loot the guts. It was NBD.
  13. Tudadar Augur

I think the single bp was put in originally to make it easier for bards to get the help to kill the mob in the first place.

There are a lot bigger blocks then udb trak atm. I mean I could see them making base udb trak drop 1 bp/other loot and make the other pick udb traks just drop the guts but doing that w/o addressing some other epic blocks would cause problems.
  14. Poydras Augur

Good insight, but it was also put in back when real trakanon wasn't motm buffed.

Unfortunately the motivation is a bit too good.
    As was already pointed out, the UDB was already in every instance originally, just like many other epic mobs, but that led to a bug with banish so they hacked around it by limiting UDB to base instance. What problems are you referring to anyway? Mass whining? Daybreak could never do anything by that standard.

Or they could just leave a single base spawn and remove the BP from it (or make it uber-rare like CoF on ixiblet). Problem solved, I bet.

Or they could just change the quest so this step can't be farmed repeatedly. It's clearly an unintended exploit.
  15. Kiani Augur

Well, as stated in another thread, it's possible that undead bard will spawn in instances. In which case, the problem isn't really a problem, and each instance could lead to 2 BPs (unless instanced Trak already drops 2, I don't know.)
  16. -wycca Augur

Trakanon in open world and instances only drops 1 item from his loot table - ie 1x of - bps, cloak, shoulders.
  17. Kiani Augur

Thanks, I thought that was probably the case, though it's a bit sucky - the main reason it went down from 2 to 1 items was because spawn rate was upped, and teeth drops were upped too, neither of which apply in instances.
  18. -wycca Augur

The teeth drop in instances is higher as well. Ie we got 9 teeth from one of our instanced Trak's today - it's probably the same as the open world tbh.

I'm not sure when it was changed on live, but classically he spawned every ~3 days, dropped 2 items from his loot table, and dropped 1-4 teeth + a couple of spells (oh and usually a sinew, but its not quite 100% drop). Venril Sathir was also changed, classically he could drop 2 items from his loot table (including 2x pants)+ a couple of spells, and he spawned every ~3 days. Now he drops 1 pair of pants, 1 staff (including wiz epic staff), and he has a shot at dropping a 3rd item - the wiz epic staff (although I've never seen 2 wiz epic staffs, nor have I only seen a pair of pants by themselves).

Ie, it's all a bit different, and nobody has spoken yet on why things were changed except that the teeth rate was increased.
  19. Syrup Augur

Oh look, another thread where someone wants 17 years of existing content and mechanics changed just for them.

Aren't you so special.
  20. Spooky Augur

Because instances existed 17 years ago?

Genius reply. Thanks for your input.