UChat (SPAM) bug running rampant

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hypercomplex, May 24, 2015.

1. Hypercomplex New Member

I've only seen one post about this all night and its getting worse.

Since yesterday afternoon tons of players have been getting marked as spam by the Uchat filter. This is causing players to be unable to send tells, /say, /ooc, etc but it is being hidden to other players by default, probably without most people realizing it (wahhh everyone is ignoring me /wrists) This is apparent on my account, about 5 friends accounts, and i'm seeing more and more as the night goes on.

Until the dev's wake up and find a fix everyone can go into options (alt+O) > filters > Spam, and change it to "show" this will cause messages from these flagged players to show up in chat as (SPAM) which you can click on to see their message.

I urge everyone that reads this to turn spam to show, i can't begin to express how frustrating it is to not be able to communicate with any one, in any way. Please also click on flagged players names when you see them and click "flag as not spam"
  2. Hypercomplex New Member

This is still unresolved... real difficult to play a multiplayer game with no multiplayer communication...
  3. Slustdog New Member

Bump for great justice
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  4. Weverley Augur

I got a guildie asking me to get spam filter off and im sorry to say even if u put at show it's still showing SPAM.She even ask me to click her name and click report not as spam and that didn't help either.I had to send tells from her to other people seems like only guild chat works for those people.
  5. Hypercomplex New Member

if you click on the actual (SPAM) link it shows their message. Group appears to work as well, but no other chat forms come through. i've petitioned, bug reported, emailed dev's, producers, all ignored thus far. :/
  6. Aiona Augur

I like spam. I thought everyone did this?
  7. Hypercomplex New Member

Well, since i'm on day 2 of having no means of getting a group if anyone has space for a 16 rogue invite Zeratul -..-
  8. Maultar New Member

Nothing like getting your money's worth hey Hyper?
  9. Seraphim Augur

The system sucks and is exploitable.
  10. Elricvonclief Augur

What server? Is this another Ragefire whine?

Please move this thread to the TLP section.
  11. Axxius Augur

I think this is happening because of the horrible lag on UCS that's been going on since the launch of Magefire. The spam filter is lagging, it sees tells all bunched together and thinks that they were all sent at the same time.

Fix the UCS issues.
    guado likes this.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

What server was this happening on? I guess we can add it to the weekend issues with UCS.
  13. Mrs_Brisby Elder

Its effecting me on Ragefire. It's very irritating and making guild stuff problematic.
  14. Elricvonclief Augur

Please move this thread to TLP.

Thanks!
  15. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

This is a universal issue, not limited to Ragefire. Seriously, try to contain your disgust that a server other than the one you play on exists.
    svann likes this.
  16. Elricvonclief Augur

What servers other than Ragefire? The only ones saying it are either from Ragefire, or saying it is on Ragefire.

Hence, please move this to TLP.
  17. svann Augur

You expect CS to move a thread? BWAAHAHAAH
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

There are UCS issues on the Live servers.... the USC going down all the time on weekends.
  19. Elricvonclief Augur

Aye, that's a couple of different threads.

This one is about the kids on Ragefire learning about the spam button and it's uses. Personally, I find it amusing as hell :D