Type 19s in PoFire and GMM Raids

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rafajafar, May 1, 2019.

1. Rafajafar New Member

Has anyone gotten any since the last hotfix? In PoFire we didn't even get a fates accumulator and we checked a ton and no one had loot lockout. Two days prior, in GMM raid we got the same results. On PoSmoke raid we got a single Fates Accumulator and nothing else. Just super strange and very frustrating to pull a group for this and only this and to thrice come out with jack all.

I know they adjusted things, but this drought is kinda lame considering that it harms those who didn't have the opportunity to farm content prior to this patch... and those are the people who would need it the most for the remainder of the expansion. Those in T3 guilds should have already collected most if not all of their 19s and FA augs. Just seems like a peculiar choice.

... that is unless it is, in fact, bugged. I have too small of a sample, but it's definitely unheard of to get zero loot at all out of PoFire raid trash w/o a loot lockout.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Sweet FA from Estianti
    Couple of augs from Fire.
    Empyr we had a loot lockout
    Smoke Sweet FA.
  3. Schadenfreude Augur

We had a zero Smoke clear months ago, it's never been a great source.
    We've also had really poor Fire runs in the low single digits. I think 2 normal + 2 charm augs was the worst with one of the normal augs coming on the very last mob.

It's a tricky thing to balance as the RNG can really beat you up and take your lunch money if it feels like it.
  4. Duder Augur

Have had type 22 and type 19 augs from all of them since the drop rate change

(edit) Have not killed the trash in the GMM raid instance, though I presume they do drop them
  5. Morthakia Augur

Prior to the patch, I did ~6-8 Plane of Fire runs in order to secure augs. I would receive 5-10 Type 19s and 5-10 Luck augs per run. Each run took about 2 hours to complete.

Based on my runs, the really in-demand augs that are good for all classes such as Blazing Euphoria Enhancement and Blazing Euphoria Soothing (yes, I know it’s broken) seem infinitely rarer than the mediocre augs. One run alone I got 5 Blazing Euphoria Casting Magic and another I got 5 Blazing Euphoria Protecting Magic. I would offer these up to the entire server in general chat and no one wanted them. Needless to say I got very burnt out and I eventually stopped doing runs because the odds of getting Blazing Euphoria Enhancement or Soothing were just so low.

What’s my point? With the most recent drop rate nerf and constant reports coming in that 1-2 type 19 augs per run is typical, the appeal of farming augs just went from very small to absolutely nothing.
  6. Axxius Augur

GMM dz has a much smaller population than PoFire, so the chance of getting anything there is that much smaller too. The augs do drop. I've seen them linked from all TBL raids dz's that have trash already after all the patches and hotfixes.

The drop rate after the patch seems to be 50% of what it was before the patch. But why was it nerfed? The patch note presented it as some kind of a trade off - the augs drop in all TBL raid dz's but with a lower rate. But they were already supposed to drop in all raids! In fact, when we reported them not dropping in T2-T3 raids, Ngreth replied that they should be and he didn't see anything that would prevent them from dropping there. So that was the intended design.

And now it gets changed around as if they were never designed to drop outside of T1, while in fact that patch fixed a bug and nerfed the drop rate by half. Fixing bugs is good. But why was the drop rate nerfed?
  7. Gnomereaper Augur

Preferred the old drop rate equal to pre-nerf Plane of Fire. They were rare enough to to be rare, but encouraged players to go back time and again and get something for their time eventually. At the current drop rate, the valuation on time versus reward is too low. Especially whenever considering how many of those is necessary for each player.

I do love the evolution items in how they encourage replay value in the game. However, whenever we begin to have to turn things into a waiting game the fun goes away. I like to see other people get things along with my own progression. It's just more entertaining that way seeing the "team" get better as a collective, at the current drop rate that feeling for a collective win is just not there.
  8. Rafajafar New Member

Yeah I am not shocked that it was several bad streaks of fat-lot-of-nothing and not a bug. I just needed to confirm.

I think it's strange to penalize those who are just now getting into TBL considering the expansion is still live. I especially think it's odd if they moved more 19's the higher tier content raid zones, because that just penalizes those who just now got into T1 and rewards those who could clear Meeratas earlier in the expansion. Is that the design philosophy here?