type 18/19 augs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zataos, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Petalonyx Augur

Is there a consensus on the effectiveness of the AC Defender augs in same lore group as the accuracy augs? Do they stack? Do they together result in any parseable reduction to damage taken?

Usually, i just assume my paladin dps is crap and go all defensive. That's not the case in ToV, but will likely be the case again post-ToV, so i'm acutely interested in the lore group defensive augs, and what they might do for me defensively.

Related question: If my accuracy goes up, how does this effect the riposte damage i take? The heals i might proc? It seems clear enough that i would get more damage shield damage or reverse damage shield healing (typically the later since i run paladin mark). In summary, is the net effect of higher accuracy actually better or worse for tank survival?
  2. svann Augur

I can say that blazing and whispering defender do stack in as much as they each add to your displayed AC mitigation/avoidance. Havent parsed it though.
  3. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yes, this is what I was referring to. If I use my current Blazing for Frontal Damage Mitigation and then add the new Rallos Zek one for Rear Damage Mitigation, would the two effects stack? If I remember right Sancus did some tests on the group/raid versions and concluded that you couldn't stack 2 frontal or 2 rear augs but I'm not sure if he tested if 1 of each would stack.
  4. josh Augur

I was trying to remember statistics, but i failed. I wanted to try and figure out how many attempts you would have to do before you got a reliable number. Eventually i just decided to do some random number generation in excel. Even at 100,000 attempts, the percentage still fluctuates by about .4%. So it would not be easy to get a parse that you could definitively call accurate.

But, i maintain that my simple formula is accurate. if you know your accuracy and your enemies avoidance ac, you can know your hit chance. Personally I'm reasonably confident that the displayed accuracy is correct, and mob avoidance AC is in the area of 500 for most mobs.
  5. Xyphen Maximum Augur

That's a fair assessment. I think the disparity in results is due to the each player's individual base accuracy, which makes sense since the augs are straight % based modifiers (6% and 8.5%).

I modified my base accuracy to 1274 and re-ran the same 3,028 second parse, which resulted in numbers in line with properly stacking:

Both Augs
    -- DMG: 154577955
    -- DPS: 51016
    -- Scaled: 51016
    -- Backstab: 64447731
    -- Pierce: 49322330
    -- Crush: 40807894
    -- % dmg as normal: 100%
    -- Non-crit rate: 100%
    -- Attempts: 18126
    -- Hits: 13664
    -- Missed: 4462
    -- Accuracy: 75.4%
    -- Avg Hit: 11312
    -- Max hit: 61444
    -- DMG to PC: 0

Just Devotee
    -- DMG: 151215808
    -- DPS: 49906
    -- Scaled: 49906
    -- Backstab: 62716340
    -- Pierce: 49124363
    -- Crush: 39375105
    -- % dmg as normal: 100%
    -- Non-crit rate: 100%
    -- Attempts: 18227
    -- Hits: 13575
    -- Missed: 4652
    -- Accuracy: 74.5%
    -- Avg Hit: 11266
    -- Max hit: 61444
    -- DMG to PC: 0

So bottom-line: yes the augs stack and your base accuracy determines your net outcome. Each aug individually should be worth around +1% gain in accuracy if you are at/above ~1250 unmodified accuracy. The net results diminish the lower your base accuracy is (the rich get richer).