Tutorial Mercenary Trouble

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by nate1980, Aug 20, 2017.

1. nate1980 New Member

I just downloaded the game today and I subscribed to the All access Pass. I'm in the tutorial area and I'm on a quest to hire my first mercenary. However, when right clicking on the NPC the menu appears and disappears in a second. I get a message saying that I'm not eligible to hire mercenaries. I read that All Access Members have full access to mercenaries, so what's the deal?
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

The actual message might be of importance here.
    The window should stay open even for free to play accounts.
    The only difference between paid and unpaid accounts is the "level" (quality) of mercs one can take.
    Free are restricted to apprentice mercs, gold can take journeyman (with additional options available to merc behavior).
    So even if your sub hadn't been processed yet (which was my first thought), you should be able to "buy" SOME kind of merc.

You can try to set the merc type to apprentice if the window is open long enough (upper left drop-down selection box iirc).
    If you get the message again i would think it's some kind of bug.
  3. Scorrpio Augur

The tutorial us pretty limiting in what you can do if you have a specific task you need to complete. Chances are you have not gone through some of the basics.
  4. Nolrog Augur

What server are you on? If you are on Phini, Lockjaw, Ragefire or Agnarr then you cannot complete that step of the quest.
  5. nate1980 New Member

Phini. That explains it