Turn on the ability to start saving AA

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by kimdor, Aug 2, 2016.

1. kimdor New Member

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but would it be possible to turn on the ability to start collecting alternate ability points but not spend them until the next expansion release date? There are a lot of players who are just sitting at Max exp lvl 60 and basically have no reason at all to play there main characters. I for one love playing my bard and am among those players. Grouping for experience for no reason at all makes no sense, and is slowly killing the server. With 2 months left until the next expansion it will give a lot of players a reason to continue to grind out there max level characters. Just a though. Thanks.
  2. Ducreux Augur

I sort of like the idea, however the problem is then you shift the problem further down the line. Now we'll hit Luclin and have less AA to grind and be out of stuff to do there.

The only solution is to just unlock tomorrow, I'll see ya at the Nexus Spire! Seriously please just unlock it, the MOTM buffs are already in place.
  3. Toodles Elder

They could cap the amount of bankable AA's before luclin, even if its just 20-25. its something else to do
  4. Until We Felt Red Augur

Eh, it's hard enough to catch up on Phinny with the experience rate as it is. All we need is to be behind dozens of AAs before they're even released.
  5. kimdor New Member

if you don't have a character to 60 yet, that is you're own fault, the server has been live for over 8 months, don't play 100 toons to lvl 30 and it wouldn't be an issue. Or play more then 2 hours a week, you being behind is you're own fault, no one elses.

The rest of the 80% of the server has at least 1 max level character
  6. Atrocity Journeyman

The second this server stop getting new people is the day it dies. TLPs are a battle of attrition that is always eventually lost. Don't have such a attitude towards new players.
    jeskola likes this.
  7. Tibalt Lorekeeper

As much as I would love to have something to do (I have 3 max exp toons), I think this is a horrible idea. While I am willing to concede that a majority of the server might have a level 60 toon, I doubt it's 80%. And I also agree this just makes things worse down the line.

It sucks to have to wait extra time for Luclin. But the devs have said this is what they need. I'm pretty sure no amount of these kinds of posts are gonna change that. What I suggest is that if you are max exp, you either find quests to do, make an alt to play, or go catch Pokemon until Luclin drops so you aren't burnt out and are ready to go.
  8. Strawberry Augur

Pretty much, casual players are already way behind due to the low XP. No need to introduce an AA mountain on top of it.
  9. Strawberry Augur

It goes both ways. I could just as easily rebut that by saying:

"if you already have a charcter to 60, that is your own fault for rushing through the game"

There has to be some middle ground where newbees don't find themselves hopelessly behind everyone else. And considering how bad XP is and how many people complain about the XP mountain needed to climb, putting them even further behind would be a very bad idea.
  10. Bewts Augur

It wouldn't hurt to turn on AA banking, capped at say 10 or 15 in the weeks leading up to Luclin.

Especially if Luclin launches hit right after a financial reporting window or or monthly window. You might see a spike in resubs that way.
  11. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Let's save the AA until after Luclin goes live, don't have anything to do? Take a break....
  12. Vanrau Augur

They will never do something like this as they do everything they can to stop people from banking experience on the live servers when expansions release.
  13. Mashef Augur

This ^^

Population is way down, no one new is signing up (at least in relevant numbers). Might see a spike of people for SoL who want to play Beastlord. They will realize how bad exp is and they have no hope to getting 60 and good AA levels on top of VT keys to be relevant in PoP until maybe the last 1-2 weeks of SoL which is not enough to see end game SoL raids. This will lead to more people quitting. Better have a PL team and unlimited exp pots or you won't be 60 until halfway through Luclin if your lucky and then you have the above mentioned issues of AA/keys. They made it impossible to catch up and the servers population will dwindle mid SoL. Seeing as late PoP / early GoD the vast majority of EQ player base left the game anyways the server already reached its zenith.

I was hoping to stay through SoL and re-do PoP / GoD and maybe check out some expansions but the merge of GoD/OoW, awful exp rates and complete lack of willingness by this dev team is leading me towards an early exit.

TLDR : The dev's should have been more responsive to the player base's concerns. And no I am not pushing for welfare state and free handouts, big supporter of MoTM to at least add some degree of difficulty to raiding. The only challenge on this TLP is boredom and the 700 + hour time sink you need to level without a pre-made perfectly built team. It could have been alleviated with open discussion by the dev team. They are polar opposite of the EQ2 dev team who actually listens to their players.
  14. Nolrog Augur

Yes and no. People come in, play until max level, raid for a while and then leave. Then when the next expansion releases, they come back and do it again. The current timeline, especially with Velious and Luclin extended so much, gives more time for people to stop playing and do something else (plus the start of the Quarm server gave people something specific to do while waiting for the next expansion to release.)
  15. Ethereal Augur

#phiniproblems
  16. Wormtongue New Member

Time-Locked Progression...

No one was able to bank AA's in original Velious... why should we be able to do so now? This is Velious era, and there were no AA's with plenty of people playing max level toons for even longer than we are currently.
  17. Ducreux Augur

On the bright side they are consolidating the stat and resist lines into single AAs now! Wonder if the cost of the new AA lines will be less than the sum of their parts or if we're going to have to pay 7AA for +1 Str/dex/sta/etc (STRONGLY doubt that will be the case, probably like 2-3aa each..)

Read more here!
  18. Bewts Augur

So for a few AA you could get +1 to all stats and +5 to all resists?

Interesting development there.
  19. Rhodz Augur

Or watch paint dry, same entertainment value as grinding and actually get something real done since you have to paint something first.
    Sheesh have peoples brains just gone TU or what... something to do ... good grief.
  20. Semah Augur

Hold on guys there's a Pidgey somewhere around here.