TS Perk

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Namde, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Namde Augur

Has anyone tried out the TS perk, think its called adventurer perk? Does it help?
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I can't really see the benefit of it. it -might- come in handy for going from 300-350, but 1-300 really only stalls the last 10 or so points.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think you mean the Merchant's Perk?

Grants access to twelve-slot trader’s satchels.
    Enables two additional slots in your inventory.
    Adds a 10% chance bonus* to gain skill points in crafting skills.

The main reason players get this one is for the bigger trader satchels and the extra 2 slots to put them in.

Most players, if they want to increase their success rate in tradeskills will buy the Draught of the Craftsman and get a run lined up. While more expensive it is not so dependent on chance or such a low %. There are other items in game that can help boost your skill too.

The Adventure Perk you mentioned is exp bonus, raid loot and kill coin

https://www.everquest.com/news/new-everquest-perks-2021
  4. Aanuvane Augur

I agree with CatsPaws - the main reason to get that perk is the extra slots and larger trader bags - that being said, while working on tradeskills on some alts (because my main TS toons have been 350 for a while now) I have seen messages on occasion that say I skilled up because of the perk. That isn't the reason I have this perk.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

From the description, it sounds like it's exactly the opposite.

"Adds a 10% chance bonus* to gain skill points in crafting skills"

If you are going from 1 to 300, you will have a better chance to get a skillup on each combine, with this perk.

When going past 300, there is no "skillup" check. If you succeed, you learn a new recipe. Every X recipes (depends on trade), you get a skillup. The only help needed here is to get a bonus to successes, because failures don't help (unlike 1 to 300). But it doesn't sound like this bonus gives a +% to successes.