Trying to download the game again and I don't think anything is happening.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Gruffish, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Gruffish Elder

I have not played in a year or two.

I started the download. I got the directx download but I am not sure why I needed that.

Now the launcher is open. It has been open for about 20 minutes. The middle part where you log in is grey and the little wheel that spins when it is loading is just frozen. Task manager does not have the "This program is not responding message".

Somewhat annoying.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

what is your windows program?
  3. Gruffish Elder

Windows 8
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Did you close it thru task manager, restart computer and click on the icon that should be on desk top? And it still stalls at that same point?
  5. Gruffish Elder

Yes, I have done all those things more than once now. I am not sure it is stalling at the same point because I now get a big blacked out area in the middle of my screen where the installer should be but it is still stalling.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

OK could be a couple things like firewalls or anti virus stopping it but black or crashing at this early stage can be a graphic issue. But first try:
    right click the icon on desktop and make sure it has "run as admin" marked
    see if you can bypass the patcher: right click icon then select create shortcut then follow direction step 5-8 here:https://articles.eqresource.com/bypasslaunchpad.php

There are some other suggestions in these forums that might help.
  7. Gruffish Elder

I did try running as admin and that yielded the same results.

I do not think I can bypass the patcher yet since the game is not yet downloaded. Am I wrong about that?
  8. CaptainSkeet Augur

Try deleting all temp internet files. Delete all cookies. Usually issues I have with the patcher are due to that.