Truebox + 1 toon per account

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zipper, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Zipper New Member

I'm an altoholic as much as the next guy, but it sucks when people are on their third epic sniping npcs from people still trying to get their first epic.

Then, periodically, say when an expansion with a new character class unlocks, you can allow accounts one additional toon. This would make it so that even in later expansions people could join the server and still be able to level up, because there would be a huge low end population whenever a new toon unlocked.

Also, it would be harder for farmers to peddle their wares when they can't just move lore items to their 10 other characters. This would either drive down prices or at least open up camps so that more people can get a chance to experience the content.
  2. phattoni Augur

i fail to understand what you are asking, and i fail to see how it would stop people from botting camps.

are you asking for more character slots?
  3. Bullsnooze Augur

This wouldn't work unfortunately, they'd just create a crap ton more accounts - which they already have to begin with. The easiest ways to remove farmers isn't with limiting characters, but to remove the incentive to monetize the game.
    1. Increase the monthly premium for membership to $30
    2. Require a debit or credit card to play on Progression servers. (This alone would knock out a majority of farmers, because instead of banning the account you ban all accounts associated to the card(s) on file.)
    3. Put krono on the unlock schedule. (Have them unlock at the Rain of Fear expansion).
    After unlock deterrents,
    1. Make kronos earned on Progression servers locked to that server.
    2. Don't allow krono earned on other servers.
    3. Don't allow krono consumption to play time on progression servers.
    You'd still have a few try-hards attempting to real money trade, but they'd be few and far between.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Character slots have, almost assuredly, no significant impact on TLP populations.

I've been playing for years now and never heard anyone even talk about the number of character slots. Most veterans know to put 1 character on each account anyways if they are at all serious about playing them.

This also has no impact on epics...
  5. Roflcopter New Member

I think almost everyone places alts on a separate account. Easier to PL and box that way. Yes. Even on Truebox.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  6. Ruination Elder

Would not stop anything, they would just sell plat for $ and use prepaid CC's