Trouble Dropping Items

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Myrdale, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Myrdale Journeyman

On one of my accounts I have developed a problem where I am unable to drop items.

Under Options > General > Fast Drop is set to "With Confirmation"

The only time I get the "ARE YOU SURE you wish to drop your ....... on the ground?" message is if I am holding the item and there is a clickable object in the back ground (example being the door to the guild hall).

I thought maybe the dialog box is just appearing off screen, so I deleted the file UI_character_server file. That did not solve it.

I deleted the file again and copied, pasted, and renamed the same file of a character which I can drop items with out issue and that did not solve it either.

What am I missing here? It is really only an annoyance. The dialog boxes for destroying items and also for spending AA are all visible.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Does the character by any chance have an aura running? I have a druid on this same account, and when I cast any aura spell, I can no longer drop anything unless I have my cursor in front of something clickable like a door. As soon as I turn off the aura, I can drop things just fine. My cleric has no such problem with his auras, only the druid. I've deleted UI files and used the default UI...it doesn't fix the issue. Other characters in the druid's aura can drop items like normal.

I've petitioned and bugged the issue, but Daybreak says it's an issue on my end. If that were the case, any character I have that uses an aura would have the issue, but it's only one particular class.
  3. Myrdale Journeyman

I don't think i have aura running but I will check. Thankyou for the suggestion!
  4. FixShamanPlease Elder

is this happening with any (new) char on this account or a specific char only?
  5. Myrdale Journeyman

Seems to be specific to the character on that account. Other character on that account has no issues. Other characters on other accounts from the same PC have no issues.
  6. FixShamanPlease Elder

Create an other char in this account with the same race/gender and test.
  7. Inga Elder

It seems to be 100% reproducible when I cast druid level 55 Aura of the Grove or level 70 Aura of Life, and shrink to smaller than Wood Elf (Halfling or Gnome size).

I can drop an item if I keep clicking while running or hit F9 and become top view.
    Also, if I zone and become Wood Elf default size again, I can drop items while the aura is running.

Maybe, aura effect at lower level is blocking.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

That's interesting. My druid is a halfling and my cleric is erudite...I never thought that character size might have something to do with it. The only real time I shrink my cleric is on raids, and I have no reason to be dropping things or trying to target things with the mouse in those situations.

The next time I log in, I'll change sizes on the two characters with auras running and see if I can reproduce what you've experienced.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yep, totally confirmed. I have a gnome chanter and was able to cast illusion on several other characters with the same results.

If you're gnome or halfling sized with an aura running (yours or from someone else in the group), you can't drop anything unless your cursor is in front of something clickable.

If you're dwarf sized or larger, you can drop items normally.