Trophys

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Namde, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Namde Augur

How do trophy’s work? Put them in your house and you always have the buffs?
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Trophies are activated via the tribute menu. Place them in your house, then go to EQ button > Real Estate > Trophies to choose your active trophies. You can choose up to 4 (or more if you complete certain achievements).

Then once you've chosen the trophies, activate them via the tribute menu (Alt+U). They will consume personal tribute points every 10 minutes they are active.

If you're not familar with tribute, it's explained here:

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Tribute
    Namde likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Or in a nutshell:

Get your trophy.
    Set it down in your house or in your plot.
    Select which level of your trophy you want to use thru the trophy window.
    Go turn in some items for tribute points to a general tribute NPC. There is one in Guild Hall or another general one in Cresent Reach named Geniveve
    When you wish to use it then turn it on - the Alt U mentioned to access the screen

You can turn in many many items for tribute so loot everything to turn in. Or you can buy bows in the baz that players make and are worth like 50k tribute points.

And finally you will usually forget to turn it off when your done using it and you log for the night and it will eat all your tribute points. So go to your options window and bottom right is a box that says turn off tribute when logging or close to that. Check that box so your tribute will turn off when you log and you will not eat it all up when your not playing.
    Namde likes this.
  4. Flatchy Court Jester

I was wondering last night , why is this even a thing? Should we have a button we have to push to not eat stat food while we are offline? Makes no sense.
    Graag Baash and Namde like this.
  5. Namde Augur

Thank you all.
  6. Raytan Augur

No, you don't eat food when camped, or in off-line trader mode. :)
  7. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Agree with that you don't eat food while camped out.

BUT my Ogre and Lizard eat food while in offline trader mode. Its not much but I do have to replenish it about every 6 months or longer.

Yes, I have researched it and 99% of the players say they don't.

I think this is because they are using little races like elves and such. Those would be much less noticeable than the big guys. I myself, hardly notice it on my little races - maybe once a year?
  8. Lyyfe New Member

No! And I can't believe you even suggested it! (Just kidding. I'm easily amused by overly-literal forum misunderstandings. :) )
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

It doesn't consume tribute while you're literally logged out of the game. But what does tend to happen is players will forget to turn tribute off and then go AFK in guild hall (or wherever) and then when they log back in it's still running, and they never notice and it just depletes a bunch of points. So they added the trophy auto-off options for when you log out. Doesn't help the perpetually AFK and online people though.

It would be cool to have a visual indicator that tribute is on, maybe your health window flashes now and then or something. Which of course could be a toggleable option itself.
  10. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Or a small icon like we have with pending parcels.

They consume in that small amount of time they're not offline when you're logging into that account, adding inventory, adjusting pricing, etc. If it's a trader-only character, just don't have any food/drink. There isn't any effect if you don't eat/drink other than spam to the personal chat.
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

I guess my sarcasm font is not very good. I meant the whole concept of turning it off while you are offline is not needed, er shouldn't be needed.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  12. Gialana Augur

I got the sarcasm :)

I don't think personal tribute was ever used when your character was offline. Certainly it currently doesn't count down now while you're in death hover mode or while you're zoning (at least some part of the zoning time). The reason the checkbox was added, I think, was because people would forget to turn it off before logging off. Then when they'd log back in, they wouldn't realize it was still on, which would start using their tribute points again.
  13. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

so that one forgetful person doesn't nightly drain guild tribute.

That's why it was added.

Once upon a time we had a guild of 2200 characters and ran tribute 24/7 This feature was key to that being feasible. (and saved a lot of time manually opting out the forgetful once members were made aware.
  14. Flatchy Court Jester

Yeah I didnt take into account the myriads of people that leave their characters online 24/7, I can see that being needed for those people.