Troll Warrior Starter Armor Quest (DaBashers Armor) Uncompletable

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Lord_Cervos, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Lord_Cervos New Member

Edit 2: I discovered the problem after some cross-referencing. There may have been a screw up when the mob was moved to Rathe and the WRONG Burly Kobold was moved.

I looked it up and apparently there is A Burly Kobold from Stonebrunt Mountains that has a completely different loot table:

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6943

Potentially there was confusion 20 years ago on the devs part during the move, and the wrong mob was dropped into Rathe.

This should be an easy fix on the devs part by just adding the appropriate items to this mobs loot table.

And for Innothule it should be easy by just adding the Froglok Ghoul Back.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 1: I checked the other quests the Burly Kobold Ear is used for and the comments seem to indicate several other quests are also broken due to this item. The quests affected are:

Da Basher Breastplate
    Spiritcharmer Chainmail Tunic
    Troll Berserker Final Task
    Troll Berserker Tunic
    as well as:
    Dar Initiate Breastplate
    Jin Initiate Final Lesson
    Presumably this is broken on progression as well. Original post below.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll try to be to the point.
    Trying to do the Warrior starter armor quest in Gobb.
    Got all the armor parts except the Boots and the Breastplate.
    Breastplate requires
    I've got all mats except the Burly Kobold Ear.
    I've located where they spawn and have been killing them for 4 days without the ear dropping. Every other item that they are listed as dropping has dropped for me multiple times except the ear.

I went backed and checked allakhazam:

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=25965

and noticed the ear is listed as only dropping in Innothule Swamp but the mob it drops from was moved from Innothule Swamp at some point to The Rathe Mountains.

- I believe the loot table was never update when the mob was moved and it is unobtainable as a drop in Rathe. -

As a side note I also found that the "a froglok ghoul":

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=11541

required for DaBashers Boots also does not spawn in Innothule and therefore the required mat "Undead Froglok's Talisman" is also unobtainable:

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=29619

Please fix this quest for new Troll Warriors that want to proceed in the traditional fashion outside the Kobold Dungeon Tutorial and CR.

This is on Live, Server: Vox
    tanith, Wulfhere and Fenthen like this.
  2. Lord_Cervos New Member

Addendum: This is on Live on Vox.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

4. Lord_Cervos New Member

The Burly Kobold IN Innothule was the mob that at one point dropped the ear, and based on the comment sections on allakhazam, fairly frequently. Unfortunately the mob was moved to Rathe where afaict it doesn't anymore. I spend 4 days at 6 hours each evening killing everything on Old Hill Giant Hill (where the Burly Kobold spawns now) in Rathe and I've gotten every bit of loot it's supposed to drop except the ear. Either I'm unlucky or something got wonky when the mob was moved and it no longer drops the ear.

On a related note the Froglok Ghoul in Innothule has completely stopped spawning making another part of the same Warrior starter armor also undoable. The switching around of the troll's home city back in the early 00s screwed up a lot. I'm hoping via this post some of it can be fixed some 20 years later.

20 years is a looooong time to have some fundamental starter quests busted.

Edit: When I asked the support person who directed me here to check to see if it was even in the Burly Kobold loot table they said it had not been looted by anyone on any server in the last 30 days.
  5. GNOME_POWER Augur

The dark elf necromancer needed a rare spawn rare drop component, so it might be better than that.

When you clean the trash mob in the area where "Bloodneedle" appears on Mt. Rathe, "a burly kobold" sometimes appear.
    It could be either a rare drop or removed from the drop table.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  6. GNOME_POWER Augur

7. Lord_Cervos New Member

I discovered potentially what the problem is after some cross-referencing. Someone screwed up and potentially imported the WRONG Burly Kobold.
    I looked it up and apparently there is A Burly Kobold from Stonebrunt Mountains that has a completely different loot table:

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6943

I think there was confusion on the devs part and the wrong mob was dropped into Rathe.

This should be an easy fix on the devs part by just adding the appropriate items to this mobs loot table.

And for Innothule it should be easy by just adding the Froglok Ghoul Back.
  8. Lord_Cervos New Member

Yes, I know how and where to spawn the Kobold. In my post you can note I said I've been killing them and getting ALL the loot they drop except the ear. Tonight is night 5 of me killing the things by the dozen. I'm 99% sure its not in the loot table but I'm going to give it another few days before I make a final conclusion.

Edit: It should be noted that at this point I'm using my lvl 100 Shadow Knight to run around for several hours one tapping everything so I'm getting a SUPER high turnover.
  9. Lord_Cervos New Member

If any Devs see this it would be super cool to validate if this is truly a bug by checking if the Burly Kobold Ear is on the Burly Kobold and if the Froglok Ghoul still spawns.

I would be very appreciative as I'm on night 6 of killing Kobolds in Rathe, and trying to get the Froglok Ghoul to spawn in Innothule.
  10. Lord_Cervos New Member

Update

I petitioned again and the GM confirmed that no Burly Kobold Ear has been looted anywhere in the last 90 days by anyone anywhere and GM indicated it was a bug.

They checked for the Froglok Ghoul and said it was still being killed on Vox, though I'm not sure it's the right Ghoul since one spawns in Najena that does not drop the Talisman. I'm awaiting a reply to see if it is indeed the right Froglok Ghoul.
    tanith likes this.