Trifurcating Magic -- Lower ranks don't proc on lower spells

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by aiha, Feb 15, 2020.

1. aiha Saryrn [Bertox]

Rank 26 of Trifurcating Magic + 86 Wizard: it only procs on LVL86-90 spells, making it completely useless for my normal spell line up (84Instant/84Ether/85Ether).

I logged in 106 wizard to check Trifurcating Magic rank 50 (max at 106), which procs on LVL91-110 spells.

Normally I would just shrug and whatever, but I plan on keeping this wizard 86 forever, and not being able to proc any pyro/cryo/arcomancies is a major bummer.

[EDIT] Adding my later post which elaborates on the issue:

Rank(level required to purchase rank) -- min spell level to proc:

01(L66) to 12(L80) -- 60+ spells
    14(L83) to 24(L85) -- 70+
    26(L86) to 48(L105) -- 86+
    50(L106) to 54(L110) -- 91+
    56(L111) to 60(L115) -- 96+
    62(L116) to 72(L125) -- 101+

Ranks 26-36 are currently:
    23: Limit Min Level: 86

and should be:
    23: Limit Min Level: 76
    menown, Brickhaus, kizant and 2 others like this.
  2. aiha Saryrn [Bertox]

I recently leveled a different wizard (yup I like playing wizzies) and checked trifucating magic at every rank from 91 to 101. All of them retrograde to covering the previous 5-10 levels of spells.

I also petitioned to have the line reset on my 86 wizard,

"I will be unable to downgrade your AA's.

Thank you for your submitting a /bug report so that the team can take a closer look. If it is not functioning as intended, then we hope to see it fixed soon. I don't have an ETA as to when it might be looked into, but please keep an eye on the official forums, as well as the update notes for further information as it becomes available.
    I apologize that I cannot be of more help at this time, and thank you for your patience as we look into this issue."
  3. Wulfhere Augur

This obviously affects Heroic wizards immediately upon reaching level 86 and any with autogrant enabled (most players). I think that raises the importance of fixing this AA.

Rank 26 to Rank 30 of Trifurcating Magic need their level range expanded downward to level 76 (I think 86 was a long lived typo).
  4. aiha Saryrn [Bertox]

Bumping, that Wizard is still 86 and still can't proc 'mancies on 99% of the spells she casts.
  5. aiha Saryrn [Bertox]

Getting my annual bump in, character is still 86 and the typo is still there. Can't remember the last time I saw a 'mancy go off.

Nice that the recent patch removed the upper end cap, but that doesn't help if you're 86 and don't cast any 86 spells.
    kizant likes this.
  6. Brickhaus Augur

Trifurcating magic may still not be exactly right even after the upper end cap removal patch.

According to the EQ Resource data changes, trifurcating magic wasn't touched ... the aero, pyro, cryo parts were the ones that actually had their upper end caps removed. But there are level limits on both trifurcating magic initial part and the individual aero/pyro/cryo parts according to raidloot.

Maybe the EQ Resource patch changed don't show a change to the first part. But I actually think they may have missed something here and it still works as it did before. I need to find if I have a wizard lying around that I can test some of this on.

Edit - looks like the initial condition of Tri did get updated. Was able to get a pyromancy fire from a 79 spell Chaos Configuration with only rank 2 of Tri (which used to stop at 75).
  7. aiha Saryrn [Bertox]

Four years later and the typo is still there:

[IMG]
    A level 86 wizard can't proc 'mancies on anything useful.

On the bright side, I have a few new Wiz personas so my perma-86 wizard is mostly mothballed. Still would be nice to have someone change that data field real quick.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

Not a typo, every single rank still has a min level, it no longer (effectively) has a max level.
    https://www.raidloot.com/aa?name=Trifurcating magic&effect=&class=&level=&tab=&exp=
  9. Gialana Augur

I also wouldn't call it a typo as long as it matches the function. However, it is either an oversight or poor design decision.
    At least according to the image aiha posted, rank 26 of Trifurcating Magic only triggers on level 86 and higher levels. We can see on raidloot that rank 25 (the disabled version of rank 26) requires level 86 to purchase. If a wizard purchases rank 25 as soon as the hit level 86, then the AA will only fire on one level of spells. The level 86 spells are not likely to be used often, so the effective result is the AA stops working until they level and get the higher level spells. Level 86 should probably be lowered to no higher than 81.

For a comparison, the final rank of Trifurcating Magic fires on level 101 and higher spells which is currently 24 level. The first rank introduced with LS is 67 and requires level 121 to purchase. However, I don't have any characters that can check if it also works on level 101 and higher spells.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It should proberbly be changed to only be available from level 90 not 86 and likely the same each increase after that would need adjusting too. Or autogrant is going to be taking it away from players all the time when leveling up. Either that or it needs to work 5 levels below.
  11. aiha Saryrn [Bertox]

Rank(level required to purchase rank) -- min spell level to proc:

01(L66) to 12(L80) -- 60+ spells
    14(L83) to 24(L85) -- 70+
    26(L86) to 48(L105) -- 86+
    50(L106) to 54(L110) -- 91+
    56(L111) to 60(L115) -- 96+
    62(L116) to 72(L125) -- 101+

Pretty sure ranks 26-30(36?) have minlevel 86 instead of 76. Otherwise the progression makes zero sense.
  12. aiha Saryrn [Bertox]

13. Soulbanshee Augur

If you say typo, they are going to look for a typo which it doesnt have, the string matches the data. The above would fall more under a itemization issue. It also doesn't match what the first post is about, should open a new report with the previous post as they only follow what the first post is about which has already been fixed.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It hasn't been fixed, at level 86 the autogrant gives you the next level of Trifurcating which does not work on lower level spells, a wizzy will not be casting level 86 spells they will be casting 81 - 85 spells.

Either it needs to change to allow spells to count from level 81 not 86 or the AA needs to be changed to be available from level 90, so the auto grant does not leave a player without the use of the AA until they have finished leveling.

This is what happens when they don't consolidate AAs properly.