Tried Test server, now i can't log into Live

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Legionarius - Xegony, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Legionarius - Xegony Elder

Anyone able to help?

-I was able to play just fine for a long time.
    -Then i figured i'd log on to the test server and try it out. It ran a patch.
    -I logged into test and quickly said... "meh"
    -I logged back out completely, clicked on the launcher to launch the game and set it back to "Live"
    -Ran patcher, then stopped at installing 0 of 30k files.
    -Just sits there and times out saying something about sockets.
    =================

What I've tried:
    -delete eqhost.txt
    -rebooted computer
    -logged back into test, then out, rebooted PC
    -validated
    -deleted launcher, installed a new launcher.
  2. Huzo New Member

Mine has done the same. Launcher works on 2 out of 3 computers. Mine freezes at "creating eqhost.txt"

I have no eqhost.txt.
  3. Brudal Augur

Live eqhost.txt found on the root of the everquest folder

Code:
    [LoginServer]
    Host=lvseq-live-l01.everquest.com:15900

Test eqhost.txt

Code:
    [LoginServer]
    Host=lvseq-test-l01.everquest.com:15900
    #
    personally I make a copy of my everquest folder renaming it to Everquest-test and create a new shortcut to that directory's launchpad.exe. Update the select game version to test in launchpad advanced tools.
  4. Anhari Augur

I have always kept my live and test installations in separate folders. If I had two drives (my D drive has crashed and I have not had the funds or time to replace it :( ) I would keep the install files on separate Drives just to keep things "clean" to prevent problems like this.

Your best bet would probably be to delete the entire Everquest Directory and reinstall it from scratch. Watch out for orphaned files, but after reinstalling you may be "golden"

Before deleting your installations, move/copy your character ini files. They should all be in the Everquest folder under different names, but the character name should be there.

I would also make copies of your custom UI folders just to make sure you don't have to download/install them again. The download/installation for Everquest is mind numbing enough as it is!
  5. Vaneksniper Elder

Im having the same exact issue......tried logging onto test, wasnt even able to get on test, so i patched back to live and its stuck at 0%!

PLEASE HELP AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I NEED MY DKP!
  6. Vaneksniper Elder

tried to uninstall the game and reinstall, but when i click download on the eq homepage, nothing happens,!
  7. Vaneksniper Elder

Legion any luck yet? No luck for me still