transferring a toon from 1 account to another on the same server?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kmbsjb, Dec 5, 2019.

1. kmbsjb New Member

I was just wondering if you all have made any progress on account to account transfers? Was thinking of making another group but really dont want to redo characters that i have put so much time into developing. It says that the following on your website -
    Account to Account Transfers are currently unavailable. Unfortunately we still don't have an ETA to give at this time. We're likely still a couple of months away, but that is a very rough estimate which is subject to change. We are working on the tech needed to re-enable them, but are a ways out from this solution.
    So, are you all still working on them or is this service permanently gone?
  2. Silver-Crow Augur

I would assume it's filed in the same to-do list as the necro dot revamp.
    Mediik, Mintalie and kmbsjb like this.
  3. Nniki Augur

That has been the statement for multiple years at this point.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

The problem arises from a basic failure to communicate clearly. What they meant to say was "We're likely a couple of [geologic] months away..." With that in mind, the onset of the next ice age and account to account transfers should coincide nicely.

To further illustrate my point:
    [IMG]

or possibly,

[IMG]
    Svann2 and kmbsjb like this.
  5. Endorek Lorekeeper

I know it's been discussed and rejected over and over, but I'd happily pay whatever they want to charge to do this.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  6. Mediik Augur

nothing like leaving money on table....
    Allayna and Tucoh like this.
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Heh, my accounts are full of bad choices. It would be nice to be able to move them around to a more suitable combination. I am really tired of recreating characters. :)
    Elyssanda and Yinla like this.
  8. demoria7 Elder

Hope they work to make this possible again after the new expansion is out.... a lot of us have put a lot of work into a toon then discover we need him on another acct for boxing more effectively. Also helps when you are introducing your kids to the game, they build a toon on your account and want that toon moved to their own acct. It makes money.... need to put the option back in.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

My rumor (ME) is that they will work on this for server mergers when they are ready for them. I expect they will fix the code for this at that time to try to make a profit plus action from it while the code is still working.
    Rumplestilskin likes this.
  10. Litefighter Lorekeeper

I thought account to account transfers were stopped in an effort to prevent PL'd / account sales.

Example ... person x grinds up x # of toons then transfers them to a new account and sells them off for real $$.

Would be nice if there was a case by case to support the player base desires and wants but I think that would also be to resource intensive. Only easy fix really is to not allow account to account.
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

The files have to be manually moved and apparently there have been some errors in the past. Whoever did it in the past was either let go or re-tasked.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Please reacquire your character through gameplay.