Tradeskills?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Asiema, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Asiema Elder

So ill make this quick and simple.

I have never done tradeskills in any MMO just because I do not have a ton of time to devote to gaming but I have a little more time these days and also have found it enjoyable here in EQ.

I do not have the time to lvl alts though atm, so it would be different if I was going to lvl multiple toons up but for now I just wanna roll with my warrior as my main and truck ahead, as such id just prefer to lvl several tradeskills on him.

How soon can you master more than one tradeskill on a single character, this is the TLP server so would it be so many expansions that it would be like 2 years off or we talking 6 months?

Thanks in advance, if I should roll 2-3 alts to play with other tradeskills then I will but id just as soon lvl 3-4 skills on my warrior.

Safe hunting!
  2. Jadefox Augur

Unfortunately, you won't be able to "master" more than one Tradeskill (bring to 300) for quite some time on the new TLP... at least until PoP if I recall. However, you can bring all the other trade skills to 200.

--Skillin' Jade
  3. Borek-VS Augur

Getting to 200 skill on all the available tradeskills isn't that time consuming. The really easy ones are fishing, baking and brewing. Smithing, tailoring and fletching take longer. Research, which a warrior can do, will be slow and expensive - although I'm not sure if it is available to you on TLP. I'm assuming Classic recipes only, of course; on normal servers it's a good deal faster to that point, but slower to 300.
  4. redwoodtreesprite Journeyman

I want to do research on Ragefire and Lockjaw, but it is baffling at best to figure out what to do. So many old guides are not right due to the changes, yet these are progression servers, so some newer guides don't work either. Is there any guide for research that is usable on these progression servers?

I finally figured out that I need to be either level 15 or 16 to start. But I have no idea what spell craft "container" to use, and what I will need. Also can any class research any spell, or does it need to be the class that needs the spell?
  5. Kolani Augur

Fletching is quick and easy if wood elf/Tunare. You can basically do 1-300 off vendors with little need to move.
  6. Borek-VS Augur

Is that true on TLP, though?
  7. Kolani Augur

Should be, the cutural path to 300 is entirely in Kelethin.
  8. Agrippa Augur

Karana also had an easy fletching path to GM level I think.
  9. Kolani Augur

IIRC Karana requires - or did require - some drops, literally everything to 300 for Tunare is on the cultural vendor.
  10. Agrippa Augur

The only "drop" for Blessed Guardian Arrows would be the Mark of Karana that you can get by saying "I need a mark," to Qualin Hailstorm in Surefall Glade. It is returned each combine. They do require some smithing, though, and I forget if everything can be had in Surefall Glade. It's possible that some races and classes won't be able to do the combine, though they worship Karana.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/recipe.html?recipe=4281