Tradeskills in PoP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Grenlar, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Grenlar Journeyman

I started EQ back in 2000 on Torvonnilous, played on Test, Phinny, Agnarr, and now Mangler. This is the first time I have ever gotten into tradeskills. It started with the Coldain Shawls and I have just been slowly grinding away at the rest. I got into them late so I really haven't gotten into making much money with then, I just focused on what I needed.

With all that said, for money making purposes, which tradeskills should I focus on most heading into PoP? I run an Enchanter/Cleric/Ranger box so I can farm a lot of materials myself. Just looking for some suggestions of which ones to really focus on getting as close to max in the next 10 days or so to really get into making some plat when PoP launches.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Smithing for the Elemental armor, won't be BiS but will likely be upgrades in certain slots for some plate classes.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Making plat? I'd farm wyvern hides to flip since that's hot for tailors and demand will spike.

Once pop drops if you just grind in elemental planes you'll get gems and tradeskill stuff plus AA. That stuff will sell best for the first few weeks and slowly drop off.

As far as leveling the tradeskill, you've got to want to do that a while. You probably won't make your money back in such short time. But given the timeline and ease jewelcraft is cheap and easy relatively. It's hard to tell where your skills are now given by your post, but if they are around 100 to 150 or less I'd just sell mats and skip the whole thing.

The real money I think is in the molds for ep armor, and just going by numbers you'd want blacksmith (plate classes are gear centric, then you get chain too). But I can guarantee you there are going to be a few maxed BS already on a tlp mangler size. The market will be big, but so will the competition so its not going to be quick easy cash imo, but more of a longterm thing throughout ldon and loy.

Items are always the quickest easy cash. And with an enc 3 box you could easily farm spells at launch and make quick BIG money. Way more than ts imo.