Tradeskill skill up rate?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Narogg, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

They have always been 2 hours. I was kinda scratching my head yesterday when I read 3 hours, but went along with it.

And, no, nothing's changed regarding chance to skill up. Your "chances" were so different because one skill was so much lower than the other when you started. You calculate one "chance to skill up" for a run, which is effectively meaningless, because the chance to skill up changes the whole way as the skill level changes. At some of those points you get lucky or unlucky, so that affects the net "how often I skilled up", but that's a different number than "the chance I will skill up".

Seriously, go to EQTraders, use the advanced calculator, and study the results it gives you. It will be more clear at that time.

Tat
    Aanuvane and Iila like this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Couldn't disagree more, for several reasons:

1 - very little useful is made from tradeskills, as far as things you would make to sell
    2 - Many interesting quests have tradeskill requirements to start the quest (shawl 2.0/3.0, I'm looking at you). People aren't maxing tradeskills to mess with the market, they are required to max them to do interesting quests.
    3 - If you're a casual player, the mats required to max skills normally is ridiculous. The DotC is a great way to get around that.
    4 - For your last comment, that's exactly wrong, when using a DotC. You want a 5% max success rate, so that you go through mats as slowly as possible. Yes, fails have a lower skillup rate, but still enough to get you to the goal. And think about it. What does a DotC do? Guarantees salvaging mats on failures. So, what's the point of using the potion, if you intend to have few failures?

Tat
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I thought of another reason. Not everyone uses them to skill up. Many people get one when they want to run high failure rate combines with hard-to-get mats, even though they have 300 skill. Many combines have less than a 50% success rate, even with max skill, max trophy, and max mastery AA.

Tat