Tradeskill Depot & Bank

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Termination321, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

Isn't that the way the DH works? You have to actually have it open to search it...just standing at the banker doesn't cut it. The Depot was probably coded the same way, regardless of any checkboxes.
  2. Allayna Augur

You don't have to have it open to search it. But searching it using Find Item, you cannot highlight or grab item, even if standing at a banker. Just means you'll find it...then have to search your hoard of tradeskills twice in the current system.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Ah, ok...I misunderstood what you were describing. Yes...that sounds bad. :D
  4. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

And that is the exact same way the Dragon's Hoard works, as noted by Velisaris. Yes, it's not ideal, but it isn't ideal for the DH either. Both have to be open for /output inventory to include them, just as they need to be open for Find to locate anything in them. The difference between the two is the TD is a shared bank space, while DH isn't and you can use the items in the TD from a tradeskill container for a known recipe. The TD is also significantly larger, even in its smallest form.
  5. Allayna Augur

The tradeskill depot doesn't need to be open for "Find Item" to locate anything in the tradeskill depot. I'll take a picture it'll help illustrate what I'm talking about.

[IMG]

As you can see, I'm standing at the bank, banker open. I have the tradeskill depot open. I have find item open and have searched for the item I want to grab. Grab item and highlight item are grayed out. I would then need to duplicate my search in the tradeskill depot window.

I'm saying this isn't ideal and bringing it to dev attention as unnecessary redundancy. If they want to restrict use to while at a physical bank location, fine. But searching twice, less than ideal.

This is a new feature and should be tested and issues like this brought forward...or we'll get what we get, like what you bring up about the dragon hoard.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

FTFY
  7. Allayna Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ts-depot-feedback.286905/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ts-depot.286830/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ts-depot-questions.286892/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ot-items-and-the-tradeskill-container.286352/

That was a very brief search. It was tested, but we all know beta is more of an alpha and testing and feedback continues into the launch. We can either be satisfied with what we got, OR we can continue to give feedback on things that don't work well, are janky, and need streamlining.
  8. Cicelee Augur

When my daughter was in day care, the teacher there had a saying- You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit.

Just brought back a memory when I saw the we'll get what we get comment. Carry on all.
  9. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I bolded what you confirmed exactly what I was saying. For either the Tradeskill Depot and the Dragon's Hoard, to use the Find, you have to have the applicable storage space open. You don't need Dragon's Hoard open to search the Tradeskill Depot or vice versa, but they each need to be open to use the Find. Then, yes, if you want retrieve an item from either, you have to then use the Search on the applicable storage space to work. It is not a new way for an extra storage space to work. It was a new way when a new storage space, the Dragon's Hoard, was added.

You are making the assumption that your desired way for it to work is the way it is intended to work. There is ZERO evidence of that. It does work EXACTLY as a previous additional storage space that was added earlier works which is ample evidence it was tested and is working exactly as intended. Your expectations do not indicate a bug, issue, or something untested. They only indicate there is a difference in what you want and how a feature actually works.

Based on the fact there were Beta players (and likely software testers before them) filing forum threads (or internally whatever bug-repository they use), it is highly likely the way this works is either entirely intentional or something they were unable to work around (likely in the time of the Dragon's Hoard's introduction) due to the way EQ's 'find' interface was originally coded.

Heck, I remember back to when the bank space was first expanded and then the shared bank was first added. Both times it was after saying it was impossible to add and then impossible to add more. Same with the size of bags. When I returned briefly several years ago, I was shocked to see the bank space and shared bank space more than doubled. They have worked around a lot of the original coding to give us ever increasing bag sizes and then to expand the bank with Dragon's Hoard and now the shared space with the Tradeskill Depot.

While I would love to have the additional TD slots priced more reasonably, a way to withdraw items from the TD with a tradeskill container (i.e. to experiment) away from a bank, and would really like an easier way to search the contents, none of these are bugs or issues that went to Live as "bugs" without being tested or without being intentional parts of the feature. They're just on my wishlist of how I would like it to work (and on a lot of other people's wishlist, too, I think).
  10. Allayna Augur

I bolded your very incorrect statements here and will elaborate below.

First.

It does in fact Find Item, items inside your tradeskill depot without having the depot open, or at a bank. You are incorrect here. There is a small check box next to the two grayed out buttons "Grab Item" and "Highlight Item". It is called Tradeskill Depot, hovering over it you get the following text: "Toggle to include your Tradeskill Depot when searching".

Second.

There is evidence that it should work otherwise, as stated above, being able to search those items from the Find Item is evidence point 1.
    Also, when you hover over an item in the Find Item window, you get the text: "Hold left-click to grab item." "Right-click to highlight item in your inventory." When you do the first action, while not at a bank, you get the following text: "Tradeskill depot items may only be interacted with via the tradeskill depot window while at a bank." You get the same text, at the bank, with the Find Item and Tradeskill Depot windows open.
    That text implies, that if I have my Find Item window open, I'm at the bank and have my tradeskill depot window open, I SHOULD be able to hold left click and remove the item from the Tradeskill Depot. So I'd say there is plenty of evidence that it is not working as intended, as you stated.
    The second action results in the text: "This item is in your bank." Which is definitely a misnomer.

Third. I never said it was a bug, I simply stated that not everything is figured out in the short beta, only that the features leave something to be desired.
    Nennius likes this.