Tradeskill Components

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pani, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Pani Augur

Is there any reason why old school tradeskill components have to be so tedious to obtain? Farming Jack-o-lantern fungus and Evergreen Leaves at the moment for dye. Back when these ingredients were only used to make maybe two to four items, it made sense for them to be scarce. But many more recipes have been added along the years, and being able to pick up at most 5 of these every half hour or so is crazy. I think I figured you need about 106 Jack-o-lantern fungus to dye all the different bags and items.(I could be exaggerating a bit). And trying to get them from the scarecrows etc in the listed zones is even worse odds! Trying to get tradeskills to 350 is already difficult enough, why does it have to be so mind-numbing to farm some simple ingredients? I haven't worked on the other dye ingredients yet, they could be just as bad (though Sarcoscypha Fungus is certainly abundant in LFay compared to the Jack-o-lantern Fungus). Ngreth, is there any chance this could be adjusted somewhat??
  2. Windance Augur

I don't mean to belittle the request to adjust some of the PITA to farm TS mats, but , ...

As I understand it you need to learn some fixed minimum number of recipes for each trade skill.

Those numbers were fixed at they were added to the code base, and since then we've had 3+ expansions that each had new recipes. You can use overseer to get many of the required mat's for all but the newest expansion.

If you are finding the push to 350 using old recipes too tedious try making a full set of each of the new expansions gear.
    Wdor and Raptorjesus5 like this.
  3. Grove Augur

Evergreen Leaves
    In Goru`kar Mesa these are found at, (-687, -38, 182) (-664, 55, 182) (-690, 11, 182).
    Information from Alla.
    This location is beneath a large tree in the south east part of the zone.
    There are about four spawning at one time. And the respawn time is not overly long.
    This is the best place by far. Beats G Fey, and Wakening Land!
    Wdor likes this.
  4. Pani Augur

I understand what you are saying, however, it is also kind of nice to have little checkmarks in all the little boxes for the recipes learned. I will definitely be doing the new recipes, but still think the drop/forage/groundspawn rate should be increased on most of the older tradeskill items. They are not available via overseer, and in fact, the ones for the older expansion items that are available give you just as bad an amount as farming the items! Seeds of Destruction - 2 chronal resonance dust, 3 immaculate silks, and 1 of other items; Veil of Alaris - 2 essence of Alaris, 3 exotic silk and 1 Al Mete; The Darkened Sea - 2 Relic Fragments ONLY; etc. But when you get to Claws of Veeshan you get 8 Restless Velium Ores, 4 Restless Velium Tainted Diamonds and a bunch of other stuff. Why the disparity with the older expansion items available? Just seems to be totally uneven.
  5. Pani Augur

Thank you, I will have to try there! I have only been trying in GFay for the Evergreen.
  6. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I agree with this notion. Start with recent expansions and work backwards, not the other way around. Those materials will be much easier to find and/or farm. Most will even be available on the bazaar.
    Wdor likes this.
  7. Aanuvane Augur

One challenge with the working backwards notion is that it can be pretty pricey depending on how much plat you have to blow on this endeavor.

To the OP, what I'm not quite understanding is why Evergreen Leaves and Jack-O-Lantern fungus are a problem. You simply don't need many of them for the recipes that count towards 350. I think I only counted 5 recipes with a green dye component and 8 with a yellow dye component?
    Wdor likes this.
  8. Raptorjesus5 Augur

That is true, some of the combines require vendor mats in the thousands of plats. That being said, I wouldn't even start working on going for 350 in tradeskills until plat wasn't much of a concern for you.
    Wdor, Nennius and Aanuvane like this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Totally agree with OP and I would ask they increase permafrost crystals and a couple of the other dropped/foraged items that are used for tradeskilled armor.

After all there are 7 items in a full armor set and if each item takes, say, an average of 5 of those items then it gets almost impossible.
  10. Pani Augur

Thank you for this response!

Yes, plat is a problem! It spends very quickly!!

I went to Allakhazam and looked up the recipe list that used the extracts and counted the recipes. Forgetting that many of them are already learned from the tradeskill books.

Now there seems to be some inconsistencies with Adetia's worksheets (which I have been trying to follow) and Allakazam with what counts toward 350 skill.

For the various dyed Hand Made Backpack's, she shows them on her list as counting, but Alla says they don't count toward 350.
    The Crystalline Silk Gloves (etc), show on Allah as not counting toward 350 skill, but Adetia's list shows them counting.

And so now, I am really confused!! Is there a better way to do this?
  11. Windance Augur

Its been a long time since I did the push to 350. I remember that it took me about 3 years to complete.

I can't even imagine trying to go back and fill in every single available recipe.
  12. Aanuvane Augur

Use Drewie's tool.

The handmade backpacks and trader satchel's do count - the more advanced bags do not. Those are learned from Books.
    Wdor likes this.
  13. zleski Augur

By my math you need 155 fungus (assuming no fails), to use every type of yellow dye in each possible recipe. This includes recipes that can be learned by scribing. A quick scan shows around 72 for the ones that count for Artisan's Prize and don't come from a book.
  14. Aanuvane Augur

Not sure why you'd bother doing the recipes for items that you can learn through scribing, especially when the ingredients are more difficult to come by. But to each his own.

Also - for many of those bags and all the dyed armors. They don't count.
    Wdor likes this.
  15. Pani Augur

Yes, this was what I was figuring. I forgot that I already know the ones that are scribed recipes and so don't need dye's for that.
  16. Aanuvane Augur

Don't forget that no fail combines don't count. All of those colored bags except for the base handmade backpacks and trader satchel's are all no fail.
    Nennius likes this.
  17. Hegsheoshed Augur

Yes there is a better way. Use Drewinette's parser at http://eqrecipes.free.fr/

I was miserable until I started using it.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.