Trader bags

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Steel, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Steel New Member

with all the collectables the last few expansions, it would be nice to have trader bags that are bigger than 10 slots.
    When on trader i see that the trader window has room for at least twice the item slots but the 10 slot bags cant fill the window.
    Think it is bout time to make larger bags please
  2. Kravitz Augur

Never going to happen. The reasoning behind it from a pm I got a few years back from Piestro. They want you to go all-acess to use the bazaar system, you can infer how they generate $$$ by purposely not updating the bazaar system.
  3. Geroblue Augur

Yeah, we've asked for this before. Not going to happen. But 20 or 30 slot trader bags would be nice.
    Caell likes this.
  4. Greenhorn Journeyman

what has a switch from 10 to 20/30 to do with all access? That does not change anything if you need all access for bazaar for every trading you do? That logic is too much...
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Iila Augur

They want people to buy 3 baz trader accounts instead of filling one trader with 30 slot bags.
  6. Silv Augur

There is sooooo much crap to sell (that people amazingly buy) that even if they increased the bags to 15 - 20 slots you'd still have reason to justify multiple all access accounts.

They should just sell an option in the market place for 20 slot bazaar trader bags. We all know people would buy that junk.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  7. Geroblue Augur

You misunderstood my post. The OP mentioned 10 slot bags and wanted them increased. Day Break, and preiously SOE, has stated they aren't going to be increased. But I also said I would like them increased.
  8. Kravitz Augur

Quoted for the truth and what you can infer from my original post and what Piestro implied in the PM he sent me few years back. They won't say it publicly, but that is their shady scheme and reasoning. They don't want to bring the bazaar system up to modern times for this very reason.
  9. Viper1 Augur

Yeah, that's been their line of reasoning for some time now, but I think it's flawed. I don't think many people would actually buy all-access purely for bazaar trader capability. Some people might, but I doubt that it would be a high enough number to make a difference. They would most likely already have multiple paid accounts that they actively box, the bazaar trader mode is just a bonus. At least that's how it is for me. I pay for 3 all access accounts because I actively play all 3 accounts. So how much are they really making by purposefully keeping the system archaic? I would hypothesize not that much difference vs if they were to add convenience features like the OP's.
  10. Kravitz Augur

Quite abit actually. Live servers have about 250 traders online at any time. Let's do the math:

250 traders x $12 a month sub fee = $2500 per month

$2500 x 12 months = $30,000 a year

$30,000 x 11 Live servers = $330,000

That's what they are making at bare minimum. You are right that they would benefit more if they upgraded the system. That 250 trader value is flawed because not that many people are using the system, I know quite a few people who run 6-10 traders. Daybreak falsely assumes they are making alot of money from this but in fact they are loosing quite alot of subscriptions by leaving the archaic system in place because it deters people from using it or getting exploited by the archaic bazaar system and rage quitting. The two numbers that are left out here is how many subs they've lost over the years by not upgrading the bazaar system, and how many potential "new" subscriptions they would have acquired over the years if they had modernized it to something similar to other mmorpg's on the market.

It's a little bit ridiculous when there are close to 1 million tradable items in-game and you can only sell 100 unique ones per account. Also, ridiculous is the fact that the game holds your account hostage while in trader or buyer mode. But, logical game design doesn't apply to Daybreak.
    Geroblue and Viper1 like this.
  11. Dropfast Augur

No the system is in place for traders to sell 200 items already, we just need 20 slot trader bags to be able to do so. While a 100 items has worked well for a while now, we are long past due to upgrade to 200. Like Kravitz said, their are countless items you can sell in this game but every account being only able to sell 100 items is ridiculous. Even if they upgraded it to 500, I'd still be able to fill everyone of my traders bags with no problem. Asking for them to up it to 200 is not a big deal, at all. The system is their, all they have to do is make ONE item (a 20 slot trader bag) and this would make most everyone really happy.

It is not going to hurt their bottom line much at all. Your assuming that everyone will just drop all their trader accounts if this happens. This is not true. Not only is that not true, I may even start another account to start a 4th trader if they did this! ;)
    Geroblue and Geri_Petrovna like this.
  12. Kravitz Augur

That is not going to happen because the Daybreak is trying to force you to setup another trader or buyer to make more money off you, at least they think they are making a decent profit this way, but they are quite delusional in this methodology of thinking as it forces people actual unsubscribe more often. The buying and selling of goods is an important part of any mmorpg game play and when you run an archaic system like this players aren't immersed into the game.
  13. Dropfast Augur

I don't think it would hurt their bottom line at all. Here's why. I totally see what your saying Kravitz but that example is pretty far off. Of the 250 traders up right now, a good chunk of those are from people's main accounts which would not be "dropped" no matter what happens to the bazaar. The way I see it, if DBG choose to do this tomorrow, everyone in game would have 3 choices. You only mentioned option A and didn't mention option B and C at all.

So for this example, Let's assume they make this change tomorrow and up traders to 200 items each.

Option A: Some (not even close to all) would choose to drop and extra trader account or 2 because they can now sell the same amount of items with less traders. > Some people would do this, but not as many as you think.

Option B: Some people would neither drop nor get any new accounts. These people would just be happy as hell because they can now sell 2x more items and make more Plat now.

Option C: These people would start new accounts because it would now be worth it to do so! Thus making up for any accounts lost due to option A. I would even bet that more people choose this than option A.

Also their is something else to keep in mind. A "trader only" account is only worth having IF it can more than pay for it's self. Kronos on my server are around 1.1 to 1.3 million plat. Which means, that trader only account has to make at least 1.2 ish million plat per month just to break even. Really it needs to make 2+ million plat per month to be profitable and worth it.

With only 100 items to sell that is sometimes hard to do. Other times it's not hard at all. All depends on what your selling, prices, and demand. If they up it to 200 items, then their is a LOT better chance for that account to become profitable. Thus, not only will people not drop the account, they may even Opt for more accounts. This is the case with me. I would definitely get at least one more account, maybe even 2 or 3!

So in the end, not only could they not lose money on doing this, this could even up their profits AND make everyone happy at the same time. It's a Win / Win in my book. A 100 items per an account when I have thousands of things I could sell is ridiculous and needs to be changed asap. It's long overdue. Let's start a movement > #moretraderslots! ;)
    anvil and Geroblue like this.
  14. Kravitz Augur

I never said option A would occur and people would drop accounts, I said that is what Daybreak is assuming would happen. I think option B would happen, there wouldn't be a big change in how things work. Because the "majority" of people using the current system will be the same people using the system even if you increase the number of slots you can sell. This is yet another bandaid type solution just like the Offline mode or increasing the cap to the 2 million limit on items, that was implemented. It doesn't solve any real issues here. The whole system needs a revamp for 3 reasons:

1) it holds your account hostage while in trader/buyer mode
    2) 100 items to sell when there are over 1 million tradable items in game is rather laughable, even if you scaled it to 200 slots that doesn't help and still laughable. You need the items to post on server side not on account side, like an auction house system.
    3) 2 million plat limit on what you can sell, leading to people spamming general chat with their auctions

You can't increase the current system to allow 200 slots because it could potentially cause the bazaar zone to crash or even the server (maybe a developer can give you more info here). EQ runs on 32 bit code, so I'm not sure what that limit is but I'm guessing this is another reason why they haven't scaled the slots up, because you can only see a certain amount of items when you do a search. Or if a trader increases the # of items beyond that limit, it has consequences.

The solution is to stop making these dumb bandaid solutions and revamp it. And if Daybreak is so worried about their shady scheming of requiring people to go all-access to setup a trader or buyer, they could easily implement a requirement to do the same thing in a revamped bazaar system.
  15. Dropfast Augur

Oh yea, I defiantly agree with that. A system like D3 had would be awesome. Basically a game wide system. Of course they would have to exclude Progression servers and FV from it, but those servers could have their own market at least. Being able to sell stuff and play all my accounts would be a God send!!

However that is a lot to ask from a Dev team that hasn't even got the expansion working right yet after 3 months. Asking for them to make ONE item (a 20 slot trader bag) is extremely easy for them to do right now. The trader window supports 200 items already, we just don't have the bags to do it.

I don't see how that would make the bazaar crash just by uping the amount of items. I thought it was to many PC's in same zone at once that causes problems, not the amount of items for sale? Also with the advent of "Off-line mode", I would think that off line traders don't count towards PC limit on zones. I know their is no real limit on how many PC's can be in zone but the less their are the more stable the zone. Who knows how the coding works for that, but if off-line traders don't count, then I see no problem with this at all. The Bazaar hardly ever crashes anymore, nothing like it use to at least.

The Bazaar search window was updated a while ago to show a lot more things for sale so I don't think that's a problem either. Whatever the problem is, it needs to be fixed. This is yet another avenue for them to make more money. They just need to make it work.
  16. Kravitz Augur

The 32 bit limit has nothing to do with the number players in a zone, like I said earlier. It has everything to do with the number of slots or items. I already told you it had everything to do with the limit on items that you can have in bazaar then you start making this false assumption even though I told you what developer's basis was even after the fact. Your thinking is flawed.

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

17. Dropfast Augur

Yea, so what? That's from years ago dude. In case you haven't noticed, a lot of things we were told could NEVER happen, have. We were told years ago that the Proc system could NEVER be changed.. We were told their was no way to add new timers in EQ. We were told all these adps buffs could never stack. I'll quote the Devs old favorite response.."It's hard coded, it can't be changed...." Every one of those things were done in less than a few months time after DGB took over. It's just coding, their is always a way around stuff like that. Anything can be done.

Also, I don't know what server your on, but their is no where near 250 traders up on Povar. Less than half that. Game population is not what it once was. Even if their is a 2 gig limit on number of items for sale, what's to say were going hit that limit just by doubling the trader bags? Not everyone is going to automatically start selling 2x more items. Even if they did, that still doesn't mean were going to hit the cap. I'd like to hear from a Dev on the issue now, not some quote from ages ago ><
    Geroblue likes this.
  18. Kravitz Augur

EQ is still a 32-bit game last that I knew off. But I guess you can't change deluded thinking even when you present them with the factual reasoning from a developer.
  19. Darkark Augur

Deluded thinking?

C'mon, you're deluded if you think the servers are on the brink of memory issues with the number of items in The Bazaar right now, and that introducing 20-slot trader bags would just bring the whole thing down in a crumbling heap.

To be honest though, the whole Bazaar system is a joke. Here people are, begging for the tiniest things, 20-slot bags ... but bigger issues like not being able to play the game while your trader is up (unless you want to shell out for another sub) aren't even mentioned. Is that even a thing in any other game these days?

Oh but they will lose subs I hear. It's still ridiculous. And look, full credit to the EQ team for addressing the need to trade back in the day, they set up The Bazaar, and they've done work on it since (new zone, offline trading, etc). But c'mon ... time to throw a bone.**

**After everything else is fixed up.
  20. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

People seem to have gotten some incorrect information somewhere. The reason why they have not introduced 20 slot Trader bags has nothing to do with pushing people to buy a second or third bazaar mule account. Nor does it have anything to do with the 32-bit 2GB memory limit.

The reason why we do not have 20 slot trader bags is because there are still players buying the 16-20 slot bags from the loyalty vendors and the marketplace and the like. The sole reason why they purposefully did not add 20 slot trader bags when big bags came out back around HoT, is because if they did that then people would have zero reason to buy them to fill their banks.

However we are fast approaching the time when Players well have their banks filled or mostly filled with bags that have as many as or more than 20 slots. So I think that the impact upon the bottom line as far as adding 20 slot trader bags is reaching zero. I think that in the not too distant future we will see 20 slot trader bags.
  21. Redrum_Redrum Augur

Here is a solution. Revamp the bazaar and make a complete new 1 like they did years ago this would fix any notions about sell limits or other un known, not talked about factors. Then create a new type of bazaar setup feature where the current limit is still in place requiring you to have a live toon to sell items. Have a secondary option that you charge that player account a monthly fee of 5-10 dollars a month extra. This feature would allow you to set up a bazaar dummy per say that holds up to 300 item slots and is sortable like the guild bank. This would allow you to still sell items an eliminate eating an account just for a mule. You can even set rules in place that if the monthly payment is declined your items get auto parcel back to you.