Trade skills "edge" dulled on TLP servers.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Finro-Coirnav, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Finro-Coirnav New Member

Cultural tailoring recipes not working just plain sucks. There is nothing more disheartening than investing hours of game play toward gathering materials for a recipe only to discover they've been removed from TLP servers.

Please make the things available when the materials are available or just don't make the materials available. Some trade skills are profiting while others are locked out in the cold wasting endless hours only to find higher end items associate with their chosen craft are unavailable. The most recent example of this would be shaman distillates vs cultural tailoring / forging. All of the components for wood elf imbued/blue diamond tailoring are available but the combines are locked as out of era giving the message "you do not meet the requirements .... " .The stats aren't exactly overpowered, they are on par with gear dropping in era coupled with the limited race/diety/class restrictions of each piece the idea that these should be removed from TLP servers is just short sighted in my opinion. It would be one thing if trades across the board were limited but to invest the time to open one trade skill up to out of era recipes without addressing the others just plain sucks. I realized developers time was the restricting factor but I really don't have any sympathy given I just spent days gathering materials I can't even fail to combine.

If this has all been discussed somewhere on the forums and there is a common consensus that we aren't going to see these things on TLP servers then at the very least please put a sticky in the TLP forums so we don't waste our play time on working toward those goals. It shouldn't take that long to implement that *fix. Something with the title "TLP recipes that do not work" it will at least give us a place to help each other out by reporting which recipes are out of era on which server and not to waste time on.

thanks
  2. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

If you have an account on allakhazam, you can post here about what cultural is in or out during an expansion.
  3. Boze TLP complaint factory

I really don't agree with you at all, I think classic/Kunark is just a lull because TS gear would be totally overpowering then. For Phinny, Velious tailoring was super popular (and better than most gear from classic/Kunark), acrylia and mind worm stuff sold really well in Luclin and the racial cultural then is amazingly good especially for tanky classes, planar tailoring/smithing armor is literally the best non-raid gear available until almost Omens, the Omens armor is pretty good too and the augs are ridiculously powerful for the era (especially for non-raid-geared toons), DoN introduces the real cultural that is the best twink gear available, and it's BiS for any tanky class (and many non-tanks as well) w/ the type 12 raid augs in DoDH and PoR, with a similar story in TSS. Cultural absolutely dominates from DoDH through TSS, and the earlier cultural recipes you're talking about are damn good in Luclin when I think? they're introduced. TS armor is generally really good in-era for each era from Velious onward, and I don't think it starts to really fall behind at all until SoF. If you look up an item on Zam, the era tag for it is correct for TLP 99% of the time too.
    snailish likes this.