ToV T2 weapons versus GMM

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Waldagar, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Waldagar Augur

GMM 171/18 proc 3200

ToV T2 166/18 proc 3600

I guess I was expecting more for MNK/BST 1h weapons in ToV T2

ToV T1 175/18 with 2240 lifedraw
  2. Derka Power Ranger

Those sympathetic proc gains for beastlord though.
  3. Ashian Augur

And Ranger!!
    Derka likes this.
  4. Waldagar Augur

Do the sympathetic procs do anything for Monks? With fast casting nukes the sympathetic proc rates for BSTs is dismal. If the sympathetic procs add more than 1K DPS I will be shocked, but I will dig into my parses to see the real numbers.
  5. Derka Power Ranger

I know right! I am only 111 with about 200 of new AA (severe lack of play time) but I picked up a 2hander from GD named. Gotta say I am loving the new proc on burns and look forward to the T3 weapon. Could see it easily doing an extra 2-2.5 mil depending on group makeup. I look forward to more testing and it's nice to have an option other than ice cream cone/tome lol.
  6. Ashian Augur

I’m gone for a few weeks, but if you don’t have it by the time I’m back, let’s get you some new weapons!
  7. Derka Power Ranger

Thanks haha I look forward to it.
  8. Derka Power Ranger

Monks will be SoL with them but it should be beneficial to beasts with all the nukes you cast. As a ranger the t1 8k wave of poison did about 21k DPS for me over 70 seconds. That was full burn, and you're talking things that jive well with procs (ranger spire boosts proc dmg, cheetah twincast for 4 spell hits per cast increasing odds, auspice crit chance) Ranger and beastlord have similar nuke cast times .5 seconds so it should be a small boost for them.
  9. Waldagar Augur

If you assume 30 casts a minute (a stretch) and a sympathetic proc rate of 20% and proc crit rate of 20% and a 3600dmg proc you get just over 600 DPS. Show me any hybrid that can maintain 30 casts per minute for any length of time.

50% proc crit rate gets you to 1k dps...

The problem with the proc and the sympathetic proc being the same you can't split out how much damage comes from the sympathetic proc versus the weapons normal proc.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

I've been waiting for one of THESE threads to pop up.. Weapon vs weapon ..

GMM : 1hb
    Whirlrending Mallet - 24 del, 205 dam (8.541 dps)

ToV T1: 1hs
    Blade of Xalgoti - 21 del, 194 dam (9.238 dps)

GMM 2 hander: 2hb
    Reclaimed Clockwork Beater - 36 del, 468 dam ( 13 dps )

ToV T2 : 2hs
    Greataxe of Frozen Tears - 32 del , 423 ( 13.21 dps )

And these are what I personally have in bags right now. If I had the ToV actual equivelent weapons (1hb an 2hb) then I'm sure the dps would prove to be even FURTHER ahead of the GMM weapon of the same type.
  11. Derka Power Ranger

Put all your burns on and go to a combat dummy. Dont attack or melee just hit your spam key and dots. See what you get over a minute (not super accurate but will give an idea)
  12. Vumad Cape Wearer

I'm not sure I understand the math you are doing here. I believe you are talking about casting spells. I believe the universal cool down on spells is 1.5 seconds. So even with instant cast spells you wouldnt be landing 30 in a minute.

On top of that it looks like you are doing your math based upon the base damage. As an enchanter, when I melee, I do about 10k DPS with pure melee without all of my twinproc AA. My melee weapon procs landing for around 100k.

You need to look at your logs and see how much those procs actually land for.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

ok Finally got a T1 .. 1hb..

GMM : 1hb
    Whirlrending Mallet - 24 del, 205 dam (8.541 dps)
    Proc: Remote Healing Blessing - 3200 dd / heal self.

ToV : 1hb
    Stonemason's Hammer - 24 del, 208 (8.666 dps)
    Proc: Remote Healing Blessing - 3200 dd / heal self.

So yea even the T1 weapon's are better then their equivalent GMM counter parts. (notice both mnk useable)
  14. Syylke_EMarr Augur

15. Tucoh Augur

Comparing GMM vs T2 isn't a terrible idea, but if you're a group player you're probably going to get quite a few chances at a Crystallized Velium Ore by the time you hit max level, and any melee char will want to make weapons wit hthat as soon as they hit 115.

T3 monk katar: https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=163552 194/18
  16. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Kinda of sad that the 13th respond in actually looked at the issue the OP was presenting and answered. SyyIke is right - definitely looks like a mistake was made. I'd go to the Beta forums to see if anything was said, but...

You should start a thread for it in the Bug Reports forum.
  17. Riou EQResource

It looks like the monk/beastlord 1hb Blizzent's Rod of Wintry Fever (id 163153) from t1 is also broken like this and 19 damage too little (156 dmg v the h2h more proper 175 dmg)
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.